[jitsi-users] Jitsi Meet on Gecko

Hi,
I would like to establish a Jitsi Meet conference on a Gecko based application, should it work without issues since Firefox is a compatible browser or is there something to be aware of (settings, components, ...). Thank you.

Regards.

Fabrizio

Jitsi Meet does work on Firefox. Now, if you have a custom Gecko based application you will need to make sure WebRTC is in there too.

Cheers,

···

On Feb 22, 2017, at 16:43, Fabrizio Lippolis <Fabrizio.Lippolis@aurigaspa.com> wrote:

Hi,
I would like to establish a Jitsi Meet conference on a Gecko based application, should it work without issues since Firefox is a compatible browser or is there something to be aware of (settings, components, …). Thank you.

--
Saúl

Thank you Saúl. Today I have established a conference between two users, one on Firefox, another on the Gecko engine on two machines. I have remarked that the memory consumpion of the Gecko based application gets higher and higher while reproducing the WebRTC video stream and after a while crashes. Firefox is ok and frees some memory from time to time. Any suggestion what it may depend of? Thank you.

Fabrizio

···

Da: users [mailto:users-bounces@jitsi.org] Per conto di Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Inviato: mercoledì 22 febbraio 2017 16:52
A: Jitsi Users
Oggetto: Re: [jitsi-users] Jitsi Meet on Gecko

On Feb 22, 2017, at 16:43, Fabrizio Lippolis <Fabrizio.Lippolis@aurigaspa.com<mailto:Fabrizio.Lippolis@aurigaspa.com>> wrote:

Hi,
I would like to establish a Jitsi Meet conference on a Gecko based application, should it work without issues since Firefox is a compatible browser or is there something to be aware of (settings, components, …). Thank you.

Jitsi Meet does work on Firefox. Now, if you have a custom Gecko based application you will need to make sure WebRTC is in there too.

Cheers,

--
Saúl

Hi Fabrizio,

I’m afraid I can’t help you there, as I’m not familiar with Gecko’s internals.

Cheers,

···

On Feb 23, 2017, at 17:20, Fabrizio Lippolis <Fabrizio.Lippolis@aurigaspa.com> wrote:

Thank you Saúl. Today I have established a conference between two users, one on Firefox, another on the Gecko engine on two machines. I have remarked that the memory consumpion of the Gecko based application gets higher and higher while reproducing the WebRTC video stream and after a while crashes. Firefox is ok and frees some memory from time to time. Any suggestion what it may depend of? Thank you.

--
Saúl