[jitsi-users] jitsi meet not switching videos

Hi,

I've installed Jitsi Meet on a local server and I'm trying to make a conference between two users connecting two browsers from two different PCs. The server is on a network, the PCs are on another network. Videos are not switching, users see only themselves though they are connected to the same room. What may I have a look at? Thank you.

···

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fabrizio Lippolis
phone +39.080.56.92.291
e-mail fabrizio.lippolis@aurigaspa.com<mailto:fabrizio.lippolis@aurigaspa.com>
Auriga SpA - Strada Vassallo, 1 - 70125 Bari - IT
Phone +39.080.56.92.111 - Fax +39.080.56.92.112
www.aurigaspa.com<http://www.aurigaspa.com> - info@aurigaspa.com<mailto:info@aurigaspa.com>
Ai sensi del D.Lgs. 196/2003 si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il presente messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo senza copiarlo e inoltrarlo a terzi, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie.

Pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, you are hereby informed that this message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, and have received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately notify us. You may not copy or disseminate this message to anyone. Thank you.

Is the server’s network reachable from the user’s network? If not, there not much the server can do about it, I’m afraid! Is there a firewall between those networks? How did you install Jitsi Meet, following our quick start guide?

Cheers,

···

On Feb 16, 2017, at 18:10, Fabrizio Lippolis <Fabrizio.Lippolis@aurigaspa.com> wrote:

Hi,

I've installed Jitsi Meet on a local server and I'm trying to make a conference between two users connecting two browsers from two different PCs. The server is on a network, the PCs are on another network. Videos are not switching, users see only themselves though they are connected to the same room. What may I have a look at? Thank you.

--
Saúl

Hi Saúl,

thank you for answering and sorry for not updating it. Yes, there is a firewall between the network, the whole story is that it had worked for a while and suddenly stopped working. I "solved" it rebooting the machine, then started working again and the problem occurred after some time. I installed everything manually on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux machine.

I am still investigating on it, maybe there is some power management setting which causes the problem, certainly rebooting is not the definitive solution. Thank you for your help anyway.

···

Fabrizio Lippolis
phone +39.080.56.92.291
e-mail fabrizio.lippolis@aurigaspa.com<mailto:fabrizio.lippolis@aurigaspa.com>
Auriga SpA - Strada Vassallo, 1 - 70125 Bari - IT
Phone +39.080.56.92.111 - Fax +39.080.56.92.112
www.aurigaspa.com<http://www.aurigaspa.com> – info@aurigaspa.com<mailto:info@aurigaspa.com>
Ai sensi del D.Lgs. 196/2003 si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il presente messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo senza copiarlo e inoltrarlo a terzi, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie.

Pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, you are hereby informed that this message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, and have received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately notify us. You may not copy or disseminate this message to anyone. Thank you.

Da: users [mailto:users-bounces@jitsi.org] Per conto di Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Inviato: martedì 7 marzo 2017 10:18
A: Jitsi Users
Oggetto: Re: [jitsi-users] jitsi meet not switching videos

On Feb 16, 2017, at 18:10, Fabrizio Lippolis <Fabrizio.Lippolis@aurigaspa.com<mailto:Fabrizio.Lippolis@aurigaspa.com>> wrote:

Hi,

Is the server’s network reachable from the user’s network? If not, there not much the server can do about it, I’m afraid! Is there a firewall between those networks? How did you install Jitsi Meet, following our quick start guide?

Cheers,

--
Saúl