[jitsi-users] Jitsi Meet Microphone Issues

Hello,

I've recently downloaded your app 'Jitsi Meet' from the google play store.

After doing so, I've discovered that, for some reason, my phone's
microphone stopped working on any other apps other than Jitsi Meet.

I've tried with my camera application, an audio recorder app and, while I
had Jitsi Meet installed, they would receive no sound from the microphone.
After I uninstalled your app, everything went just fine.
Never tried the dialer app, though.

Am I the only one suffering from this issue?

I really would like to use your application, but I'm afraid I'll have to
keep installing/uninstalling everytime I want to use it.

Kind regards,
Miguel Araújo

Hi Miguel,

Interesting. Do you happen to be running a Google Pixel device? Much to my surprise, I could reproduce the problem, but it doesn’t go away when uninstalling, just when rebooting.

This is extremely rare, since the mic seems to be in some limbo and doesn’t recover. I could find a similar problem reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/5ji824/pixel_xl_audio_not_captured_while_recording_video/

I’ll try to make sense of it though.

Cheers,

···

On Feb 17, 2017, at 11:46, Miguel Macedo <miguel.alex.macedo@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

After doing so, I've discovered that, for some reason, my phone's microphone stopped working on any other apps other than Jitsi Meet.

I've tried with my camera application, an audio recorder app and, while I had Jitsi Meet installed, they would receive no sound from the microphone. After I uninstalled your app, everything went just fine.

I really would like to use your application, but I'm afraid I'll have to keep installing/uninstalling everytime I want to use it.

--
Saúl

I had a coworker (Lyubo) test it on a different Android device, to no avail. Can you confirm what Android device you have?

Cheers,

···

On Feb 27, 2017, at 10:35, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <scorretge@atlassian.com> wrote:

On Feb 17, 2017, at 11:46, Miguel Macedo <miguel.alex.macedo@gmail.com <mailto:miguel.alex.macedo@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello,

After doing so, I've discovered that, for some reason, my phone's microphone stopped working on any other apps other than Jitsi Meet.

I've tried with my camera application, an audio recorder app and, while I had Jitsi Meet installed, they would receive no sound from the microphone. After I uninstalled your app, everything went just fine.

I really would like to use your application, but I'm afraid I'll have to keep installing/uninstalling everytime I want to use it.

Hi Miguel,

Interesting. Do you happen to be running a Google Pixel device? Much to my surprise, I could reproduce the problem, but it doesn’t go away when uninstalling, just when rebooting.

This is extremely rare, since the mic seems to be in some limbo and doesn’t recover. I could find a similar problem reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/5ji824/pixel_xl_audio_not_captured_while_recording_video/

I’ll try to make sense of it though.

--
Saúl