[jitsi-users] [jitsi/jitsi-meet] Edit HTML files in new version of Jitsi MEet (#1346)

Hi Saúl,Hi All,
Tried following your guide Saul, to build the site after making changes.
Tried running "npm run start:web" Inside path/jitsi-meet
But got the error
"Missing script: start:web"
Kindly guide me to let me know how to do the building. Just started playing with react on ubuntu server
Thank you.

Please all, find initial orginal issue below:

All the changes I try to make in the latest jitsi home page file online is not reflecting online.
And even when I try to rename the file so the jisti home page disappears, it still didnt make any difference on the Home page. What I still have on the home page is the jisti design and i need to adjust it.

Please kindly guide on how to make adjustments to the jitsi home page UI
Thanks

···

To: jitsi/jitsi-meet <jitsi-meet@noreply.github.com>
Cc: bamms <baa_yoo@yahoo.com>; Author <author@noreply.github.com>
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 2:01 AM
Subject: Re: [jitsi/jitsi-meet] Edit HTML files in new version of Jitsi MEet (#1346)

You need to "build" the site after you make changes, this is no different than any modern web application using React.Please use the mailing list for such questions.—
You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub, or mute the thread.

You need to "build" the site after you make changes, this is no different than any modern web application using React.Please use the mailing list for such questions.—

···

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: jitsi/jitsi-meet <reply+0086c5b822e7ff2837cda189051a785bd1875ba0fe9d573a92cf0000000114cbbb1492a169ce0c7ca7f8@reply.github.com>; "users@jitsi.org" <users@jitsi.org>
Cc: Author <author@noreply.github.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:10 AM
Subject: Re: [jitsi/jitsi-meet] Edit HTML files in new version of Jitsi MEet (#1346)

Hi Saúl,Hi All,
But got the error
Kindly guide me to let me know how to do the building. Just started playing with react on ubuntu server
Thank you.

All the changes I try to make in the latest jitsi home page file online is not reflecting online.
And even when I try to rename the file so the jisti home page disappears, it still didnt make any difference on the Home page. What I still have on the home page is the jisti design and i need to adjust it.

Thanks

PLEASE HELP!!!!
The new react system really needs a proper guide/documentation.
Tried and Tried and Tried to build as Saul suggested
Home page changes are not reflecting and my application is live!
keep getting error when I try building. Maybe because am a bit new to REact, but a guide will help.
I copied the package.json and webpack.config.js from here "https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet" into my ubuntu.
But the "npm run start:web" will still not run. Various errorsLatest one is attached
I need a guide please!

···

To: dev@jitsi.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:22 AM
Subject: Fw: [jitsi/jitsi-meet] Edit HTML files in new version of Jitsi MEet (#1346)

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: jitsi/jitsi-meet <reply+0086c5b822e7ff2837cda189051a785bd1875ba0fe9d573a92cf0000000114cbbb1492a169ce0c7ca7f8@reply.github.com>; "users@jitsi.org" <users@jitsi.org>
Cc: Author <author@noreply.github.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:10 AM

Hi Saúl,Hi All,
But got the error
Thank you.

Thanks