[jitsi-users] Jitsi for iPhone and iPad


#1

Are there any plans to bring Jitsi to iPhone and especially iPad?


#2

Apple doesn' t support Java on iPhone and iPad.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=450329

FC

···

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:54, Disqus User <disqususer@live.com> wrote:

Are there any plans to bring Jitsi to iPhone and especially iPad?


#3

You can use Linphone for iOS.
https://www.linphone.org/eng/download/packages/iphone.html

···

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:54:50 +0000 Disqus User <disqususer@live.com> wrote:

Are there any plans to bring Jitsi to iPhone and especially iPad?


#4

Hey there,

Are there any plans to bring Jitsi to iPhone and especially iPad?

We don't have specific plans about this currently but we've been
thinking about it. The main challenge would be about finding an
efficient, preferably automated way of porting/reusing our java code
on iOS.

If anyone has ideas in that regard, we'd be most interested in hearing them.

Cheers,
Emil

···

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Disqus User <disqususer@live.com> wrote:


#5

Did you take a look at xmlvm ? allows to translate from java to objective-c ( and others like .Net)

Never tried it myself but found that a few months ago.

Richard

···

On 2012-04-21, at 03:16, Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hey there,

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Disqus User <disqususer@live.com> wrote:

Are there any plans to bring Jitsi to iPhone and especially iPad?

We don't have specific plans about this currently but we've been
thinking about it. The main challenge would be about finding an
efficient, preferably automated way of porting/reusing our java code
on iOS.

If anyone has ideas in that regard, we'd be most interested in hearing them.

Cheers,
Emil


#6

I know developers tend to be pragmatic, but I wouldn't advocate
supporting a closed platform like iPhone.
Let Apple write their own voip and messaging app. Plus, Apple users
don't care too much about FOSS anyway.

FC

···

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 09:05, Richard Lavoie <lavoie.richard@gmail.com> wrote:

Did you take a look at xmlvm ? allows to translate from java to objective-c ( and others like .Net)

Never tried it myself but found that a few months ago.


#7

Most people get their first taste of FOSS on a closed platform. And it is that fact that is is better that brings them over.

···

On 04/21/2012 11:31 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:

I know developers tend to be pragmatic, but I wouldn't advocate
supporting a closed platform like iPhone.
Let Apple write their own voip and messaging app. Plus, Apple users
don't care too much about FOSS anyway.


#8

Most people get their first taste of FOSS on a closed platform. And it is that fact that is is better that brings them over.

      Lee

···

On 04/21/2012 11:31 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:

I know developers tend to be pragmatic, but I wouldn't advocate
supporting a closed platform like iPhone.
Let Apple write their own voip and messaging app. Plus, Apple users
don't care too much about FOSS anyway.