[jitsi-users] Jitsi becomes unresponsive under multiple OSes


#1

Recently (over the last few days), I've experienced difficulties with Jitsi
1.1 quickly becoming completely unresponsive, requiring a forced quit,
under Mac OS X 10.6.8, Windows 7, and Ubuntu 11.04. This includes build
4088 and other recent builds. Anyone else?

George W. Maschke
Google Talk: georgemaschke
Twitter: georgemaschke


#2

На 28.06.12 08:04, George Maschke написа:

Recently (over the last few days), I've experienced difficulties with Jitsi 1.1 quickly becoming completely unresponsive, requiring a forced quit, under Mac OS X 10.6.8, Windows 7, and Ubuntu 11.04. This includes build 4088 and other recent builds. Anyone else?

Could you please provide Java thread dumps from such hung sessions? Java thread dumps can be created, for example, by the JDK command line utility jstack.

Otherwise, please describe any possible steps to reproduce the problem.


#3

На 28.06.12 15:16, George Maschke написа:

I haven't got jstack, but the problem seems to arise especially when a voice call is made and the called party does not answer.

George, I'm forwarding your response to the users mailing list. Please keep the discussion there and do not write to me personally so that the other developers can follow.

···

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Lyubomir Marinov <lubo@jitsi.org > <mailto:lubo@jitsi.org>> wrote:

    На 28.06.12 08:04, George Maschke написа:

        Recently (over the last few days), I've experienced
        difficulties with Jitsi 1.1 quickly becoming completely
        unresponsive, requiring a forced quit, under Mac OS X 10.6.8,
        Windows 7, and Ubuntu 11.04. This includes build 4088 and
        other recent builds. Anyone else?

    Could you please provide Java thread dumps from such hung
    sessions? Java thread dumps can be created, for example, by the
    JDK command line utility jstack.

    Otherwise, please describe any possible steps to reproduce the
    problem.


#4

Hey George,

A similar problem was reported on dev

http://goo.gl/ONnoo

It should be resolved in build 4090 which is just out.

Please let us know whether it works better for you.

Cheers,
Emil

···

On 28.06.12 15:58, Lyubomir Marinov wrote:

На 28.06.12 15:16, George Maschke написа:

I haven't got jstack, but the problem seems to arise especially when a
voice call is made and the called party does not answer.

George, I'm forwarding your response to the users mailing list. Please
keep the discussion there and do not write to me personally so that the
other developers can follow.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Lyubomir Marinov <lubo@jitsi.org >> <mailto:lubo@jitsi.org>> wrote:

    На 28.06.12 08:04, George Maschke написа:

        Recently (over the last few days), I've experienced
        difficulties with Jitsi 1.1 quickly becoming completely
        unresponsive, requiring a forced quit, under Mac OS X 10.6.8,
        Windows 7, and Ubuntu 11.04. This includes build 4088 and
        other recent builds. Anyone else?

    Could you please provide Java thread dumps from such hung
    sessions? Java thread dumps can be created, for example, by the
    JDK command line utility jstack.

    Otherwise, please describe any possible steps to reproduce the
    problem.

--
Emil Ivov, Ph.D. 67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead France
Jitsi
emcho@jitsi.org PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://jitsi.org FAX: +33.1.77.62.47.31


#5

I haven't been able to test it on other OSes yet, but under Mac OS X
10.6.8, the problem seems to be resolved.

George W. Maschke
http://www.georgemaschke.net
Twitter: http://twitter.com/georgemaschke
Skype: georgemaschke
Tel/SMS: +1 424 835 1225

···

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hey George,

A similar problem was reported on dev

http://goo.gl/ONnoo

It should be resolved in build 4090 which is just out.

Please let us know whether it works better for you.

Cheers,
Emil

On 28.06.12 15:58, Lyubomir Marinov wrote:
> На 28.06.12 15:16, George Maschke написа:
>> I haven't got jstack, but the problem seems to arise especially when a
>> voice call is made and the called party does not answer.
>
> George, I'm forwarding your response to the users mailing list. Please
> keep the discussion there and do not write to me personally so that the
> other developers can follow.
>
>> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Lyubomir Marinov <lubo@jitsi.org > >> <mailto:lubo@jitsi.org>> wrote:
>>
>> На 28.06.12 08:04, George Maschke написа:
>>
>> Recently (over the last few days), I've experienced
>> difficulties with Jitsi 1.1 quickly becoming completely
>> unresponsive, requiring a forced quit, under Mac OS X 10.6.8,
>> Windows 7, and Ubuntu 11.04. This includes build 4088 and
>> other recent builds. Anyone else?
>>
>>
>> Could you please provide Java thread dumps from such hung
>> sessions? Java thread dumps can be created, for example, by the
>> JDK command line utility jstack.
>>
>> Otherwise, please describe any possible steps to reproduce the
>> problem.
>>
>>
>
>
>

--
Emil Ivov, Ph.D. 67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead France
Jitsi
emcho@jitsi.org PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://jitsi.org FAX: +33.1.77.62.47.31