[jitsi-users] jit.si xmpp server down? Registarless sip q's


#1

I can't connect at the moment.

I am trying to get registarless SIP working, but I need a crash course on
that. I think I have the accounts setup on both machines (on different
networks, behind routers). The part I need a quick confirmation on is,
which ports should I setup in for the routers.

···

At the moment, when I make the call, it rings the other person. In one direction, after I answer the call, nothing happens - it just says
connecting.

If I try to initiate the call in the other direction, the audio starts only
from the client I called from, but I dont' get the audio from the person I
called.

And the fact that I got an incoming call from "sipvicious" when I was
testing this method really didn't make me feel all that great about this.

-Scott


#2

Hi,

I can't connect at the moment.

It is fixed now.

I am trying to get registarless SIP working, but I need a crash course on
that. I think I have the accounts setup on both machines (on different
networks, behind routers). The part I need a quick confirmation on is,
which ports should I setup in for the routers.

Registerless is not suppose to work if both clients are in different
networks, they need to have public ip or yo be on the same network. It
is for testing only, even in same network may have some problems.

Regards
damencho

···

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 3:22 AM, Scott McClements <kc2pih@gmail.com> wrote:

At the moment, when I make the call, it rings the other person. In one > direction, after I answer the call, nothing happens - it just says
connecting.

If I try to initiate the call in the other direction, the audio starts only
from the client I called from, but I dont' get the audio from the person I
called.

And the fact that I got an incoming call from "sipvicious" when I was
testing this method really didn't make me feel all that great about this.

-Scott

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users


#3

Nope, nothing is fixed.
I can still NOT login into my ostel.co account, although on the ostel-website everything's ok.
Klaus

···

On 9 Mar 2015 at 9:35, Damian Minkov - damencho@jitsi.org wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 3:22 AM, Scott McClements <kc2pih@gmail.com>
wrote: > I can't connect at the moment.

It is fixed now.

>
> I am trying to get registarless SIP working, but I need a crash
> course on that. I think I have the accounts setup on both machines
> (on different networks, behind routers). The part I need a quick
> confirmation on is, which ports should I setup in for the routers.

Registerless is not suppose to work if both clients are in different
networks, they need to have public ip or yo be on the same network. It
is for testing only, even in same network may have some problems.

Regards
damencho

>
> At the moment, when I make the call, it rings the other person. In
> one direction, after I answer the call, nothing happens - it just
> says connecting.
>
> If I try to initiate the call in the other direction, the audio
> starts only from the client I called from, but I dont' get the audio
> from the person I called.
>
> And the fact that I got an incoming call from "sipvicious" when I
> was testing this method really didn't make me feel all that great
> about this.
>
> -Scott
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users@jitsi.org
> Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
> http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users


#4

There were interruptions to the service today, please try again (that is
regarding your issue with jit.si xmpp server)

···

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM, <klaus.3.netzer@xoxy.net> wrote:

Nope, nothing is fixed.

--
Yasen Pramatarov
sysadmin, https://jitsi.org


#5

No, THIS was not the problem.
As I explained in detail before, I CAN login to my first account, so no problem with the server.
BUT, I can NOT login to my 2nd account. It always says, "either invalid username or
password" (but both must be right, if I can login directly on the ostel-website)!

···

On 9 Mar 2015 at 15:13, Yasen Pramatarov - yasen@bluejimp.com wrote:

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM, <klaus.3.netzer@xoxy.net> wrote:
    Nope, nothing is fixed.

There were interruptions to the service today, please try again (that
is regarding your issue with jit.si xmpp server)

--
Yasen Pramatarov
sysadmin, https://jitsi.org


#6

This *was* the original problem described in this thread, before you highjacked it with your own unrelated problem. The original problem *is* fixed.

Please start another thread about your ostel problem. Sharing more details would be helpful. Also note that being able to login to the website does not necessarily mean that there is a problem with Jitsi.

Regards,
Boris

···

On 09/03/15 17:12, klaus.3.netzer@xoxy.net wrote:

No, THIS was not the problem.
As I explained in detail before, I CAN login to my first account, so no problem with the server.
BUT, I can NOT login to my 2nd account. It always says, "either invalid username or
password" (but both must be right, if I can login directly on the ostel-website)!