[jitsi-users] Java exception while starting the videobridge

Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the following java exception I get while starting the videobridge:

INFO: Failed to initialize service implementation org.jitsi.impl.fileaccess.FileAccessServiceImpl. Will continue without it.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: net.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION
at org.jitsi.impl.fileaccess.FileAccessServiceImpl.<init>(FileAccessServiceImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:374)
at org.jitsi.impl.libjitsi.LibJitsiImpl.getService(LibJitsiImpl.java:133)
at org.jitsi.impl.libjitsi.LibJitsiOSGiImpl.getService(LibJitsiOSGiImpl.java:86)
at org.jitsi.service.libjitsi.LibJitsi.invokeGetServiceOnImpl(LibJitsi.java:163)
at org.jitsi.service.libjitsi.LibJitsi.getFileAccessService(LibJitsi.java:100)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.fileaccess.FileAccessActivator.start(FileAccessActivator.java:32)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.osgi.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:288)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.osgi.framework.launch.FrameworkImpl.startLevelChanged(FrameworkImpl.java:446)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.osgi.framework.startlevel.FrameworkStartLevelImpl$Command.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:127)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.osgi.framework.AsyncExecutor.runInThread(AsyncExecutor.java:110)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.osgi.framework.AsyncExecutor.access$000(AsyncExecutor.java:16)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.osgi.framework.AsyncExecutor$1.run(AsyncExecutor.java:219)

I guess that's the reason I am not getting any log file written ... .

Is there something is not set in my environment?

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to mention. At the end of the log on videobridge startup one can clearly see that SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION
is getting set:

Feb 16, 2014 4:11:18 PM org.jitsi.util.Logger info
INFO: net.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION=/home/ybrenman

Is this just a simple ordering and/or timing issue?

Also, my knowledge of Java is close to 0, but looking at the source code at the place of the exception the property
being asked for is PNAME_SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION and not SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION. Is this the same thing?
Anyway, not my intention to turn this into the Java learning session. Just want to fix this exception and start getting
the log files.

Many thanks

···

On 02/16/2014 03:58 PM, Yan Brenman wrote:

Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the following java exception I get while starting the videobridge:

INFO: Failed to initialize service implementation org.jitsi.impl.fileaccess.FileAccessServiceImpl. Will continue without it.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: net.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION
at org.jitsi.impl.fileaccess.FileAccessServiceImpl.<init>(FileAccessServiceImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:374)
at org.jitsi.impl.libjitsi.LibJitsiImpl.getService(LibJitsiImpl.java:133)
at org.jitsi.impl.libjitsi.LibJitsiOSGiImpl.getService(LibJitsiOSGiImpl.java:86)
at org.jitsi.service.libjitsi.LibJitsi.invokeGetServiceOnImpl(LibJitsi.java:163)
at org.jitsi.service.libjitsi.LibJitsi.getFileAccessService(LibJitsi.java:100)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.fileaccess.FileAccessActivator.start(FileAccessActivator.java:32)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.osgi.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:288)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.osgi.framework.launch.FrameworkImpl.startLevelChanged(FrameworkImpl.java:446)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.osgi.framework.startlevel.FrameworkStartLevelImpl$Command.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:127)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.osgi.framework.AsyncExecutor.runInThread(AsyncExecutor.java:110)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.osgi.framework.AsyncExecutor.access$000(AsyncExecutor.java:16)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.osgi.framework.AsyncExecutor$1.run(AsyncExecutor.java:219)

Thanks in advance.

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the following java exception I
get while starting the videobridge:

We'll get rid of the exception stack trace because the exception is
handled and printed for debugging/informational purposes only.

Jitsi Videobridge does not write log files, it prints out messages on
the standard output.

No.

···

2014-02-17 1:58 GMT+02:00 Yan Brenman <ybrenman@xopnetworks.com>: