[jitsi-users] Jabber to gtalk chat


#1

Hi,

I've a Jabber account that, since a while, doesn't work anymore with
gtalk (the person uses normally to chat gmail web interface from his
browser) account, I reiceive always a failure error.

Is also otherweise curious that he can send me chat messages to my
jabber account...

Does someone knows something on how to solve the problem?

- --
PGP/GPG Key 0x840759B0 on hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
Fingerprint CE77 230D E55B C49C BDCD BCEF 66FD 3C46 8407 59B0


#2

After introducing "Hangout" Google dropped support for xmpp/jabber, at least usage with audio/video from Jitsi using Gtalk is problematic, probably chatting is more and more affected also (I have stopped using GTalk with Jitsi longer time ago, switched to jit.si and jabber.ccc.de and convinced my former Gtalk buddies to do the same...so I cannot report here for current issues with Gtalk using Jitsi..)
MS

···

On July 15, 2014 1:53:41 AM EET, pakito <pakito@paranoici.org> wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

I've a Jabber account that, since a while, doesn't work anymore with
gtalk (the person uses normally to chat gmail web interface from his
browser) account, I reiceive always a failure error.

Is also otherweise curious that he can send me chat messages to my
jabber account...

Does someone knows something on how to solve the problem?

- --
PGP/GPG Key 0x840759B0 on hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
Fingerprint CE77 230D E55B C49C BDCD BCEF 66FD 3C46 8407 59B0
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Icedove - http://www.enigmail.net/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJTxF91AAoJEGb9PEaEB1mwW8wIAK0XnaC4EvkSn28LVoyPiC+A
kW3f1XZnlQYcr7h+A4tyO541qoiGlHO1K3RSxvysxIbDYrGgf14gYEyrLfWAOIuL
I3N/btxO8kda5Twvy9BQZSu52TwpYQoqZtbZzziX1FOFbaTKB8wgZCHglfUSYRAe
OQGooHz2rFxcICzfRI5jo0gXw9rkbrDxUEutKzY/rSXuwlJEjKlD7yQ+oCIV7EEX
HrgpeYvBULVBFqc7YHugDJvkfGNDlcKyPi9qc172pjEq7sEln514N+llG6YXqCdl
/EMKaeUWjrzdstSecOVXYJfwsSoTLXpDRYEXbX+pG5E3vcEyed+cXww90TtvZyU=
=nzuz
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.


#3

After introducing "Hangout" Google dropped support for xmpp/jabber, at least usage with audio/video from Jitsi using Gtalk is problematic, probably chatting is more and more affected also (I have stopped using GTalk with Jitsi longer time ago, switched to jit.si and jabber.ccc.de and convinced my former Gtalk buddies to do the same...so I cannot report here for current issues with Gtalk using Jitsi..)
MS

···

On July 15, 2014 1:53:41 AM EET, pakito <pakito@paranoici.org> wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

I've a Jabber account that, since a while, doesn't work anymore with
gtalk (the person uses normally to chat gmail web interface from his
browser) account, I reiceive always a failure error.

Is also otherweise curious that he can send me chat messages to my
jabber account...

Does someone knows something on how to solve the problem?

- --
PGP/GPG Key 0x840759B0 on hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
Fingerprint CE77 230D E55B C49C BDCD BCEF 66FD 3C46 8407 59B0
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Icedove - http://www.enigmail.net/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJTxF91AAoJEGb9PEaEB1mwW8wIAK0XnaC4EvkSn28LVoyPiC+A
kW3f1XZnlQYcr7h+A4tyO541qoiGlHO1K3RSxvysxIbDYrGgf14gYEyrLfWAOIuL
I3N/btxO8kda5Twvy9BQZSu52TwpYQoqZtbZzziX1FOFbaTKB8wgZCHglfUSYRAe
OQGooHz2rFxcICzfRI5jo0gXw9rkbrDxUEutKzY/rSXuwlJEjKlD7yQ+oCIV7EEX
HrgpeYvBULVBFqc7YHugDJvkfGNDlcKyPi9qc172pjEq7sEln514N+llG6YXqCdl
/EMKaeUWjrzdstSecOVXYJfwsSoTLXpDRYEXbX+pG5E3vcEyed+cXww90TtvZyU=
=nzuz
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.


#4

After introducing "Hangout" Google dropped support for xmpp/jabber, at least usage with audio/video from Jitsi using Gtalk is problematic, probably chatting is more and more affected also (I have stopped using GTalk with Jitsi longer time ago, switched to jit.si and jabber.ccc.de and convinced my former Gtalk buddies to do the same...so I cannot report here for current issues with Gtalk using Jitsi..)
MS

···

On July 15, 2014 1:53:41 AM EET, pakito <pakito@paranoici.org> wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

I've a Jabber account that, since a while, doesn't work anymore with
gtalk (the person uses normally to chat gmail web interface from his
browser) account, I reiceive always a failure error.

Is also otherweise curious that he can send me chat messages to my
jabber account...

Does someone knows something on how to solve the problem?

- --
PGP/GPG Key 0x840759B0 on hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
Fingerprint CE77 230D E55B C49C BDCD BCEF 66FD 3C46 8407 59B0
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Icedove - http://www.enigmail.net/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJTxF91AAoJEGb9PEaEB1mwW8wIAK0XnaC4EvkSn28LVoyPiC+A
kW3f1XZnlQYcr7h+A4tyO541qoiGlHO1K3RSxvysxIbDYrGgf14gYEyrLfWAOIuL
I3N/btxO8kda5Twvy9BQZSu52TwpYQoqZtbZzziX1FOFbaTKB8wgZCHglfUSYRAe
OQGooHz2rFxcICzfRI5jo0gXw9rkbrDxUEutKzY/rSXuwlJEjKlD7yQ+oCIV7EEX
HrgpeYvBULVBFqc7YHugDJvkfGNDlcKyPi9qc172pjEq7sEln514N+llG6YXqCdl
/EMKaeUWjrzdstSecOVXYJfwsSoTLXpDRYEXbX+pG5E3vcEyed+cXww90TtvZyU=
=nzuz
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.


#5

El 15/07/14 01:21, Mr. Smith escribi�:

After introducing "Hangout" Google dropped support for xmpp/jabber,
at least usage with audio/video from Jitsi using Gtalk is
problematic, probably chatting is more and more affected also (I
have stopped using GTalk with Jitsi longer time ago, switched to
jit.si <http://jit.si> and jabber.ccc.de <http://jabber.ccc.de> and
convinced my former Gtalk buddies to do the same...so I cannot
report here for current issues with Gtalk using Jitsi..)

Great, how did you do (convince your buddies)?, I'm trying it and I'm
surrending....

···

MS

On July 15, 2014 1:53:41 AM EET, pakito <pakito@paranoici.org>
wrote: Hi,

I've a Jabber account that, since a while, doesn't work anymore
with gtalk (the person uses normally to chat gmail web interface
from his browser) account, I reiceive always a failure error.

Is also otherweise curious that he can send me chat messages to my
jabber account...

Does someone knows something on how to solve the problem?

_______________________________________________ users mailing
list users@jitsi.org Unsubscribe instructions and other list
options: http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

-- Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my
brevity. -- Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse
my brevity. -- Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please
excuse my brevity.

_______________________________________________ users mailing list
users@jitsi.org Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users


#6

So far, I continue to be able to use "Google Chat" from most Jabber/XMPP
clients, but only basic chat. The audio/video features have been removed
from "Google Chat". Given Google's history, I would expect Google Chat to
shutdown completely sometime relatively soon.

On my PC, with the Google Hangouts plug-in for FireFox installed, I can
still access a/v from Google Chat, so maybe Jitsi could somehow use the
browser plug-in to "connect" to Google Hangouts. On my Android device,
there seems to be no such plug-in for FireFox or any other web browser.
But, so far, I can still use non-Google Jabber/XMPP clients for basic chat.

···

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM, Mr. Smith <mr.smith476@gmail.com> wrote:

After introducing "Hangout" Google dropped support for xmpp/jabber, at
least usage with audio/video from Jitsi using Gtalk is problematic,
probably chatting is more and more affected also (I have stopped using
GTalk with Jitsi longer time ago, switched to jit.si and jabber.ccc.de
and convinced my former Gtalk buddies to do the same...so I cannot report
here for current issues with Gtalk using Jitsi..)


#7

As I suspected, thanks for the answer.

And also, +1 for D.Urruti, If you can convince your buddies to quit
Hangout and other stuff like that, you're a lucky man Mr Smith :stuck_out_tongue:

- --
PGP/GPG Key 0x840759B0 on hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
Fingerprint CE77 230D E55B C49C BDCD BCEF 66FD 3C46 8407 59B0

···

On 15.07.2014 12:08, D Punto Urruti wrote:

El 15/07/14 01:21, Mr. Smith escribi�:

After introducing "Hangout" Google dropped support for
xmpp/jabber... ...convinced my former Gtalk buddies to do the
same...so I cannot report here for current issues with Gtalk
using Jitsi..)

Great, how did you do (convince your buddies)?, I'm trying it and
I'm surrending....


#8

I have the same problem with some friends of mine who use Skype. My
experience with the VOIP to Skype gateways has been poor and I've never
trusted Skype. Fortunately, I was able to rescue a netbook and use it as a
dedicated (and very clunky) Skype phone. I might have to consider getting a
very cheap Android device at some point.

···

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 6:08 AM, D Punto Urruti <d_urruti@riseup.net> wrote:

Great, how did you do (convince your buddies)?, I'm trying it and I'm
surrending....


#9

Between doubts on conversation and chat privacy is treated and a linux
development in fits and starts i decided to quit definitively with
skype... I put new contacts on my skype profile and who wants, can
contact me. After all, typical Windows, Android and iPhone users
install a lot of software/application for everything, why they cannot
install a skype alternative?

- --
PGP/GPG Key 0x840759B0 on hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
Fingerprint CE77 230D E55B C49C BDCD BCEF 66FD 3C46 8407 59B0

···

On 15.07.2014 20:42, Ron W wrote:

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 6:08 AM, D Punto Urruti > <d_urruti@riseup.net <mailto:d_urruti@riseup.net>> wrote:

Great, how did you do (convince your buddies)?, I'm trying it and
I'm surrending....

I have the same problem with some friends of mine who use Skype.
My experience with the VOIP to Skype gateways has been poor and
I've never trusted Skype. Fortunately, I was able to rescue a
netbook and use it as a dedicated (and very clunky) Skype phone. I
might have to consider getting a very cheap Android device at some
point.


#10

They just refuse to. One of them even goes so far as to demand that his
teammates on some MMORPG he plays use Skype even though the game itself is
integrated with Teamspeak. (The really ironic thing is that his employer,
rather than having desk phones, put Jitsi on the company issued PCs, so
it's not like he isn't familiar with Jitsi. I suppose the difference is
that at work, everything is preconfigured - and he can ask IT to fix
anything that isn't working.)

···

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 8:10 PM, pakito <pakito@paranoici.org> wrote:

Between doubts on conversation and chat privacy is treated and a linux
development in fits and starts i decided to quit definitively with
skype... I put new contacts on my skype profile and who wants, can
contact me. After all, typical Windows, Android and iPhone users
install a lot of software/application for everything, why they cannot
install a skype alternative?