Can you please help me? About 3 months ago I installed jitsi for my home
Does that mean you installed it on a machine on your private network at home?
It works Ok but suddenly somebody is trying to call me.
So, you have public access to your Jitsi server enabled? Sounds bad, if it's
only "for home use".
I'm not interested and did not want to answer it, but since it is happening
again and again I decided to find what it is. I clicked it but there is
this message "Call failed".
ID or Number is firstname.lastname@example.org
Display Name is: 1005
Please let me know how to stop it.
Did you install Jigasi (the Jitsi SIP gateway) as well?
I think we need to know the following:
1. What exactly did you install ("jitsi" is impresice - you might mean Jitsi
Videobridge, you might mean Jitsi Meet, you might also mean Jigasi - there are
2. Where did you install it - on a server on your own private network, or on a
machine with a public IP address?
3. What firewall rules do you have on that machine (or on the router protecting
it) to prevent access by people who shouldn't be accessing it?
4. Are you running any sort of intrusion detection / prevention system on that
5. What's the result of "netstat -plunt" (as root) on that machine?
PS: I have no idea why your email took a month to appear on the list...
On Tuesday 22 August 2017 at 04:44:16, George Dvorak wrote:
Schrödinger's rule of data integrity: the condition of any backup is unknown
until a restore is attempted.
Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.