[jitsi-users] IAX?

(sorry for previous registration)

Dear Users, a simple question for which I could not find a clear answer.

I am trying to use Jitsi as a skype replacement with collegues - from behind NATs.
What is the proper identity/protocol to be used? In particular I am having difficulties:

- AIM login does not go through (invalid password even though it is the correct one)

- After registering a SIP identity (onsip.com <http://onsip.com/>), I can get online but no calls can be answered, only chat works. (this is consistent with SIP not working behind NAT).

So - maybe IAX does work in jitsi? What is the proper identity or way to register for it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

(And of course let me express my admiration for the great piece of software that Jitsi is.)

Fabrizio

So - maybe IAX does work in jitsi? What is the proper identity or way
to register for it?

No - Jigasi is a Jitsi gateway for SIP, but there is no Jigaiax... :slight_smile:

Anyway "IAX" stands for Inter-Asterisk Exchange, and is very seldom encountered except when Asterisk is at both ends of the link.

Antony.

···

-----Original Message-----
-----Original Message-----

There were some VOIP clients doing the IAX protocol, and had some other features.

Hw.

Dit bericht kan informatie bevatten die niet voor u is bestemd. Indien u niet de geadresseerde bent of dit bericht abusievelijk aan u is toegezonden, wordt u verzocht dat aan de afzender te melden en het bericht te verwijderen. De Staat aanvaardt geen aansprakelijkheid voor schade, van welke aard ook, die verband houdt met risico's verbonden aan het elektronisch verzenden van berichten.

This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message. The State accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent in the electronic transmission of messages.

- After registering a SIP identity (onsip.com <http://onsip.com/>), I can
get online but no calls can be answered, only chat works. (this is
consistent with SIP not working behind NAT).

SIP can certainly work behind NAT - so long as the remote server knows to
expect clients behind NAT, and therefore use the source IP of the packets it
sees, and not the SIP header IP contained inside the packets.

I would suggest that it is so common for SIP clients to be behind NAT that
expecting this is the default configuration for a SIP server.

So - maybe IAX does work in jitsi? What is the proper identity or way to
register for it?

No - Jigasi is a Jitsi gateway for SIP, but there is no Jigaiax... :slight_smile:

Anyway "IAX" stands for Inter-Asterisk Exchange, and is very seldom
encountered except when Asterisk is at both ends of the link.

Antony.

···

On Friday 10 March 2017 at 17:24:09, Fabrizio Nesti wrote:

--
If you were ploughing a field, which would you rather use - two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?

- Seymour Cray, pioneer of supercomputing

Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.