I am new to this list and following it for some weeks now. Jitsi is
really a good project and the only one I know, that could replace skype
for my needs. In contrast to one year ago (when I tried it the last
time), it now just runs out of the box.
I have some questions about look and feel and os integration (being an
Ubuntu user). Should I have opened new mail threads for all of them?
1. Is there a way to make Jitsi more fitting to the Ubuntu/GTK look?
2. How can I change the icon background to transparent (currently it has
a bluish squared background in the panel)?
3. Does anyone know why the thunderbird plugin (version 0.0.1) could not
be activated? I am speaking about Settings > Extended > Plug-ins.
If I try to activate it, I get »Activator start error in bundle .«
3a. If that worked, could I use my thunderbird address book to store
contact information like sip numbers or xmpp accounts and use them in jitsi?
4. Are there ways to share the keys between applications? In my case:
pidgin and jitsi. If I have authenticated a person via pidgin, I would
like to "know" him also in jitsi.
5. Are there plans to add ogg and opus to the recording file formats?
6. Can I do something, that jitsi follows the ubuntu status (that it is
available if I set myself to available in ubuntu and so on).
6a. Can I somehow add jitsi to the messaging menu (for those who know
what I mean)?