thanks to the support provided at the Jitsi booth at FOSDEM, I finally
got Jitsi working with audio and video out of the box, even with
bidirectional audio ;)! It works perfectly with the Desktop version.
However, I cannot get it to work with the Android client:
I updated to the latest nightly build, which includes a fix for Jingle
Relay discovery (thanks, Pawel!), and according to the logs, a relay is
now found when logging in to the XMPP account. However, I can only hear
the other party speaking through the handset, but my own audio does not
go through. I am not so sure whether this is actually a network issue;
it could as well be an issue with capturing audio on Android. Any hints
on how to debug that are welcome!
There are a few other notes about bugs and wishlist items:
Common Desktop / Android
- Message Archive Management would be a great addition
- Having contacts in more than one group does not work, they only
show up in one group that is selected in a way I do not quite see
- Translations in German are missing/incomplete. What's the best way
to contribute here?
- Why the heck can't I call an address that is not in my contact list?
- My avatar is lost / not displayed sometimes in the UI ... it seems to
be visible on XMPP though
- incoming chat messages that trigger a new chat to be opened
are lost / not displayed
- using the back button (either hardware or the top left thing in the
UI) resets the scroll position of the contact list, which is not
helpful in long contact lists
- a possibility to hide offline contacts would be helpful
- a list of open conversations, maybe at the top of the contact list,
would be helpful as well
- auto-away (with changing priority) when turning off the screen or
after inactivity would be cool
- changing the status message is hidden somewhere deep in the menu,
triggering the dialog when clicking on own avatar could be an idea
- opening a chat with a full JID (one resource of a contact) would be
- meta-contacts are missing
If there are some places that do not need so much in-depth knowledge
about Jitsi or where mentoring is available, I will happily try to
Wer den Grünkohl nicht ehrt, ist der Mettwurst nicht wert!
PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17 FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296