[jitsi-users] error while creating session description

If someone could point me in the right direction to resolve this fatal error, I would appreciate it.

I get “An error occurred while creating session description” in the displayed log when trying to make a call.

The error seems related to the “Session Description Protocol”, which from what I read seems related to the codecs, but enabling or disabling codecs makes no difference (unless I disable all provider-used codecs). Inbound calls fail as well when I try to answer (I do get a ring tone).

When signing in to a sip provider and going online, I do get a “Missing resource for key: … SIP_PREFERRED_CLEAR_PORT” (and for SECURE_PORT), but that seems unrelated.

I cannot switch away from UDP (to TCP or TLS) for the SIP providers I tested with nor my primary provider (OnSip).

I have tried numerous options, for two days. This is my first posting here, hopefully I have appropriately posted.

Any assistance appreciated,

J.L. Hill

jitsi.log (23.7 KB)

···

Error displayed when trying to make a call:

Failed to create the call. An error occurred while sending invite request

net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: An error occurred while sending invite request
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:2405)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.CallPeerSipImpl.invite(CallPeerSipImpl.java:1495)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.CallSipImpl.invite(CallSipImpl.java:351)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.java:172)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.createCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.java:119)
at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.AbstractOperationSetBasicTelephony.createCall(AbstractOperationSetBasicTelephony.java:110)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.call.CallManager$CreateCallThread.run(CallManager.java:1820)
Caused by: net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: An error occurred while creating session description

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:2405)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.sdp.SdpUtils.createSessionDescription(SdpUtils.java:197)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.CallPeerMediaHandlerSipImpl.createFirstOffer(CallPeerMediaHandlerSipImpl.java:142)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.CallPeerMediaHandlerSipImpl.createOffer(CallPeerMediaHandlerSipImpl.java:117)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.CallPeerSipImpl.invite(CallPeerSipImpl.java:1478)
… 5 more
Caused by: javax.sdp.SdpException: The parameter is null
at gov.nist.javax.sdp.SessionDescriptionImpl.setOrigin(SessionDescriptionImpl.java:480)
at javax.sdp.SdpFactory.createSessionDescription(SdpFactory.java:79)
at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.sdp.SdpUtils.createSessionDescription(SdpUtils.java:146)
… 8 more

Tested with: providers OnSip and Sip2Sip; with/without video disabled; with PortAudio and with PulseAudio (mic appears sensitive in volume meter; recieving ring tones on inbound calls) – all with same error.

System:

Jitsi 2.0.4506.10553 (same error with jitsi 1.0 and 1.1)

java-6-openjdk-amd64 (same error with oracle-java-6)

PulseAudio 2.0 and Alsa 1.0.25+2+nmu2

XFCE4 Desktop

Debian wheezy

Complete log file attached.