[jitsi-users] Error: Could not establish connection (ICE failed)


#1

Hi there,
I also want to chime in here and say that on several installs on various Windows 7 machines that I have had the same issue.
I can't list all the versions I've tried but I'm on 2.2.4603.9615 version at home and on nightlies at work.
All calls are rejected, however I did manage one within my local area network.

···

Sent from Samsung Mobile

-------- Original message --------
From: tmh13 <tmh13@gmx.de>
Date:
To: users@jitsi.org
Subject: [jitsi-users] Error: Could not establish connection (ICE failed)

Hi everybody,

I use Jitsi 2.2.4603.9615 on Windows 7 with standard settings and need help to establish XMPP calls. I found some reports on this issue but no solution.

Best,
Thorsten

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users


#2

Whwt we need to know in sich cases is mostly the protocol you used (in this
case it must have been XMPP) the server you connected to and maybe some
details of your network. Is UDP allowed and working with other
applications? Jitsj version is less important. The OS doesnt really matter.

Could you please try a n XMPP call through jit.si and a SIP call through
ippi.com?

Thanks,
Emil

--sent from my mobile

···

On Jul 13, 2013 3:58 PM, "bujiraso" <bujiraso@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi there,
I also want to chime in here and say that on several installs on various
Windows 7 machines that I have had the same issue.
I can't list all the versions I've tried but I'm on 2.2.4603.9615 version
at home and on nightlies at work.
All calls are rejected, however I did manage one within my local area
network.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

-------- Original message --------
From: tmh13 <tmh13@gmx.de>
Date:
To: users@jitsi.org
Subject: [jitsi-users] Error: Could not establish connection (ICE failed)

Hi everybody,

I use Jitsi 2.2.4603.9615 on Windows 7 with standard settings and need
help to establish XMPP calls. I found some reports on this issue but no
solution.

Best,
Thorsten

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users


#3

Hi again,

Ahah, I didn't notice the "TO" line changed. I'll watch out for it.
Quoting in my own email for posterity:

"It was XMPP. I'm using jaim.at but my friends are using jit.si. I don't know how to tell if UDP is working and internet searching hasn't yielded anything too noteworthy.
Does Jitsi have certain ports I should unblock on my firewall or port forward from my router?
I was told I should [turn] UPNP on so I did that.

I'm also getting a weird error where Jitsi appears not to be picking up my speakers or microphone after a failed call with this error. In the settings no microphone or sound are showing anything in the test -- despite other programs accessing them. Perhaps the busted call is still hogging the resources?

Thanks,
Nick"

Now I did some more snooping on this, and after several program restarts (almost may entirely rule out resource hogging) and one reboot, I noticed my speakers are picked up fine when set to use PortAudio but nothing else picks up regardless.
In all the fuss I managed a connection for a brief moment before the call hung.

This error is strictly network and wouldn't occur if Jitsi doesn't *hear* anything, right?

Thanks,
Nick

···

Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 19:35:02 +0200
From: emcho@jitsi.org
To: bujiraso@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [jitsi-users] Error: Could not establish connection (ICE failed)

Hey Nick,

Could you please resend this to the list?

Emil

On 13.07.13, 18:27, Nick H wrote:
> Hi Emil,
>
> It was XMPP. I'm using jaim.at but my friends are using jit.si.
> I don't know how to tell if UDP is working and internet searching hasn't
> yielded anything too noteworthy.
> Does Jitsi have certain ports I should unblock on my firewall or port
> forward from my router?
> I was told I should UPNP on so I did that.
>
> I'm also getting a weird error where Jitsi appears not to be picking up
> my speakers or microphone after a failed call with this error. In the
> settings no microphone or sound are showing anything in the test --
> despite other programs accessing them. Perhaps the busted call is still
> hogging the resources?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick
>
> On 7/13/2013 12:23 PM, Emil Ivov wrote:
>>
>> Whwt we need to know in sich cases is mostly the protocol you used (in
>> this case it must have been XMPP) the server you connected to and
>> maybe some details of your network. Is UDP allowed and working with
>> other applications? Jitsj version is less important. The OS doesnt
>> really matter.
>>
>> Could you please try a n XMPP call through jit.si <http://jit.si> and
>> a SIP call through ippi.com <http://ippi.com>?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Emil
>>
>> --sent from my mobile
>>
>> On Jul 13, 2013 3:58 PM, "bujiraso" <bujiraso@hotmail.com > >> <mailto:bujiraso@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>> I also want to chime in here and say that on several installs on
>> various Windows 7 machines that I have had the same issue.
>> I can't list all the versions I've tried but I'm on 2.2.4603.9615
>> version at home and on nightlies at work.
>> All calls are rejected, however I did manage one within my local
>> area network.
>>
>>
>> Sent from Samsung Mobile
>>
>>
>>
>> -------- Original message --------
>> From: tmh13 <tmh13@gmx.de <mailto:tmh13@gmx.de>>
>> Date:
>> To: users@jitsi.org <mailto:users@jitsi.org>
>> Subject: [jitsi-users] Error: Could not establish connection (ICE
>> failed)
>>
>>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I use Jitsi 2.2.4603.9615 on Windows 7 with standard settings and
>> need help to establish XMPP calls. I found some reports on this
>> issue but no solution.
>>
>> Best,
>> Thorsten
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> users@jitsi.org <mailto:users@jitsi.org>
>> Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
>> http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> users@jitsi.org <mailto:users@jitsi.org>
>> Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
>> http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>>
>

--
https://jitsi.org