[jitsi-users] Error 500 internal-server-error when adding a contact on Jitsi XMPP server

Hello people :slight_smile:

I'm having an issue with Jitsi's XMPP server.

I've just setup the client, I logged in to Jitsi's official xmpp server,
but when I try adding a contact I get an error screen with

net.java.sip.communicator.service.contactlist.MetaContactListException:
failed to create contact test
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MetaContactListServiceImpl.addNewContactToMetaContact(MetaContactListServiceImpl.java:429)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MetaContactListServiceImpl.createMetaContact(MetaContactListServiceImpl.java:685)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.contactlist.ContactListUtils$1.run(ContactListUtils.java:32)
Caused by:
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException:
internal-server-error
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ServerStoredContactListJabberImpl.addContact(ServerStoredContactListJabberImpl.java:495)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ServerStoredContactListJabberImpl.addContact(ServerStoredContactListJabberImpl.java:430)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetPersistentPresenceJabberImpl.subscribe(OperationSetPersistentPresenceJabberImpl.java:647)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MetaContactListServiceImpl.addNewContactToMetaContact(MetaContactListServiceImpl.java:403)
... 2 more
Caused by: internal-server-error(500)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.Roster.createEntry(Roster.java:281)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ServerStoredContactListJabberImpl.addContact(ServerStoredContactListJabberImpl.java:474)
... 5 more

Am I doing anything wrong? or is there anything wrong with the server?

Cheers,
faenil

Hi,

at the time of the report there was a problem with the server which
was resolved and now everything seems fine.

Regards
damencho

···

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Andrea Bernabei <and.bernabei@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello people :slight_smile:

I'm having an issue with Jitsi's XMPP server.

I've just setup the client, I logged in to Jitsi's official xmpp server, but
when I try adding a contact I get an error screen with

net.java.sip.communicator.service.contactlist.MetaContactListException:
failed to create contact test
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MetaContactListServiceImpl.addNewContactToMetaContact(MetaContactListServiceImpl.java:429)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MetaContactListServiceImpl.createMetaContact(MetaContactListServiceImpl.java:685)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.contactlist.ContactListUtils$1.run(ContactListUtils.java:32)
Caused by:
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException:
internal-server-error
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ServerStoredContactListJabberImpl.addContact(ServerStoredContactListJabberImpl.java:495)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ServerStoredContactListJabberImpl.addContact(ServerStoredContactListJabberImpl.java:430)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetPersistentPresenceJabberImpl.subscribe(OperationSetPersistentPresenceJabberImpl.java:647)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.contactlist.MetaContactListServiceImpl.addNewContactToMetaContact(MetaContactListServiceImpl.java:403)
... 2 more
Caused by: internal-server-error(500)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.Roster.createEntry(Roster.java:281)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ServerStoredContactListJabberImpl.addContact(ServerStoredContactListJabberImpl.java:474)
... 5 more

Am I doing anything wrong? or is there anything wrong with the server?

Cheers,
faenil

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users