[jitsi-users] Emoticons

Hi there,

I notice that when you click the emoticon drop-down it shows you a single way of generating it, but there are actually extra ways to make them.
Example for clarity: lets say you see a smile is :slight_smile: but you type :slight_smile: and the same smile comes out

Is there a list somewhere of string to emoticon pairs that tells you what summons up an emoticon and what doesn't?
If not, I think one could be useful and with a bit of direction on where this info would be in the source I can try to throw one together.

I should also note a bit of a bug I've found with the emoticons that I didn't see active on the tracker -- many combinations of punctuation and certain letters will cause emoticons to appear. I'm assuming this is a bug not a feature as "D doesn't make sense as a smile, nor does &D but both of these generate the :smiley: smile.

This mail might be more relevant to dev, so let me know.

Thanks,
Nick

Hey Nick,

Hi there,

I notice that when you click the emoticon drop-down it shows you a
single way of generating it, but there are actually extra ways to make them.
Example for clarity: lets say you see a smile is :slight_smile: but you type :slight_smile: and
the same smile comes out

Is there a list somewhere of string to emoticon pairs that tells you
what summons up an emoticon and what doesn't?
If not, I think one could be useful and with a bit of direction on where
this info would be in the source I can try to throw one together.

Here it is:

I should also note a bit of a bug I've found with the emoticons that I
didn't see active on the tracker -- many combinations of punctuation and
certain letters will cause emoticons to appear. I'm assuming this is a
bug not a feature as "D doesn't make sense as a smile, nor does &D but
both of these generate the :smiley: smile.

It's a known one and it has to do with the fact that the replacement code does not distinguish well between html and content text. For example &D and "D are encoded as &D and "D, both of which end with ;D, which translates to a smile.

Could you please open a new ticket just in case?

This mail might be more relevant to dev, so let me know.

Possibly but here's totally fine too.

Cheers,
Emil

ยทยทยท

On 14.07.13, 13:50, Nick H wrote:

--
https://jitsi.org