[jitsi-users] Does Jitsi Videobridge detect and report that a media stream from a given participant is not available anymore?

Hi,

I'm wondering if Jitsi Videobridge detects and reports that media streams from a given participant are not available anymore? If so, what kind of XMPP message is sent in this case? I guess, the bridge can detect it as it observes activity/lack of activity over the RTP channel.

The scenario could be e.g. that user's browser has crashed and I'd like to notify other participants that this user has left the conference/not available at the moment.

Thanks,
Leo

Ping! :slight_smile:

No.

···

On 6.05.2014 14:56, Leo Romanoff wrote:

I'm wondering if Jitsi Videobridge detects and reports that media streams from a given participant are not available anymore? If so, what kind of XMPP message is sent in this case?

FWIW, we do expire and close channels if the remote side fails to
respond to ICE connectivity checks (e.g. because it crashed).

Emil

···

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Lyubomir Marinov <lyubomir.marinov@jitsi.org> wrote:

I'm wondering if Jitsi Videobridge detects and reports that media streams
from a given participant are not available anymore? If so, what kind of XMPP
message is sent in this case?

No.

OK, thanks for this clarification. Basically it means that there is no way for a focus to figure out that there are any RTP problems because it is not notified about them? Is there any workaround? E.g. may be other participants should "ping" the focuts every N seconds to indicate that they still send RTP streams? Or may be the "expire and close channels" action that you mentioned implicitly results in XMPP messages indicating that channel was expired/closed? Does such a feature for indicating channel state/problems make sense for a video bridge? If so, should I file an issue?

Thanks,
Leo

···

Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org> wrote:

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Lyubomir Marinov ><lyubomir.marinov@jitsi.org> wrote:

I'm wondering if Jitsi Videobridge detects and reports that media streams
from a given participant are not available anymore? If so, what kind of XMPP

message is sent in this case?

No.

FWIW, we do expire and close channels if the remote side fails to
respond to ICE connectivity checks (e.g. because it crashed).