[jitsi-users] Disconnecting voice call after 15 minutes

Hi together

I am using Jitsi 2.10.5550.

Every voice call will be disconnected after 15 minutes.

Has anyone an idea how to avoid that?

Regards

Markus

···

Infobrain AG, Im Langhag 5, CH-8307 Effretikon, Switzerland

Tel. ++41/52 355-3232, Fax ++41/52 355-3233 Mobil: ++41/79 400-6715

e-mail: mailto:markus.schlehan@infobrain.com , homepage: www.infobrain.com

hi, we have the same problem with version 2.10.5550
has anyone found a solution for it?

Uploading logs for a problem call will be helpful to diagnose the exact cause of it.

i zipped the log folder, where can i send it to? (first time user, forgive me the stupid question)

Upload it here, or send it to me damencho at jitsi org, I can take a look.

sent you an email. thanks for looking into it

@brandy63 I see a lot of rtcp NPE exceptions, I see the code that causes it. The sip bye is coming from the sip server side, so I suspect not sending/answering the rtcp sent messages and the sip server at some point closes the call.

2018-08-21 10:14:42.181 SEVERE: [1032] org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.transform.rtcp.StatisticsEngine.log() Failed to analyze an incoming RTCP packet for the purposes of statistics.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamStatsImpl.computeRTTInMs(MediaStreamStatsImpl.java:357)
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamStatsImpl.updateNewReceivedFeedback(MediaStreamStatsImpl.java:1358)
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamStatsImpl.rtcpReportReceived(MediaStreamStatsImpl.java:1554)
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamStatsImpl.access$000(MediaStreamStatsImpl.java:57)
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamStatsImpl$1.rtcpReportReceived(MediaStreamStatsImpl.java:238)
	at org.jitsi.service.neomedia.rtp.RTCPReports.rtcpReportReceived(RTCPReports.java:673)
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.transform.rtcp.StatisticsEngine.updateReceivedMediaStreamStats(StatisticsEngine.java:1008)
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.transform.rtcp.StatisticsEngine.reverseTransform(StatisticsEngine.java:926)
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.transform.SinglePacketTransformer.reverseTransform(SinglePacketTransformer.java:136)
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.transform.TransformEngineChain$PacketTransformerChain.reverseTransform(TransformEngineChain.java:380)
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.transform.TransformInputStream.createRawPacket(TransformInputStream.java:84)
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.RTPConnectorInputStream.runInReceiveThread(RTPConnectorInputStream.java:810)
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.RTPConnectorInputStream.access$000(RTPConnectorInputStream.java:41)
	at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.RTPConnectorInputStream$3.run(RTPConnectorInputStream.java:607)

My proposal is trying updating to latest unstable Jitsi desktop, test with it, and if you still experience the problem, send me again the logs to examine then and there we can fix this problem and update the unstable version with a fix for another test.

sounds like a plan. please let me know if/when i can try something.
thanks!

Yep, just update to the latest nightly version https://desktop.jitsi.org/Main/Download#latestnightly, do the same test and if the problem persist send me again the logs.

problem is solved. calls are not disconnected anymore after 15 minutes.
thanks for your help!