[jitsi-users] disable forcing applet usage

hi

and again one question.
the "strange version" i had before let me use jitsi meet just in my google crome on my mobile. now i installed the "original" packages but now i only get this message that i should install an android app to use jitsi meet. to be honest i dont like that and i realy liked the idea that i can run it just in the browser.

is there a way i can disable this behavior?

i tried setting MOBILE_APP_PROMO to false in interface_config.js (/usr/share/jitsi-meet/) but this just gives me the message that jitsi meet cant be used on my mobile :frowning:

could maybe somebody tell me if this is possible or not and -even better- tell me how i would do it :wink:

thanks a lot

Hi,

There are two options for this, the first is on the mobile browser to
request desktop site and the second one is to modify your deployment.
There is no configuration for this. A possible solution was mentioned
here https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/1662#issuecomment-329813550.
The other modification is to download sources, modify them and build
it yourself and then deploy them.

Regards
damencho

ยทยทยท

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 8:50 AM, <mn_markus@web.de> wrote:

hi

and again one question.
the "strange version" i had before let me use jitsi meet just in my google crome on my mobile. now i installed the "original" packages but now i only get this message that i should install an android app to use jitsi meet. to be honest i dont like that and i realy liked the idea that i can run it just in the browser.

is there a way i can disable this behavior?

i tried setting MOBILE_APP_PROMO to false in interface_config.js (/usr/share/jitsi-meet/) but this just gives me the message that jitsi meet cant be used on my mobile :frowning:

could maybe somebody tell me if this is possible or not and -even better- tell me how i would do it :wink:

thanks a lot

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users