[jitsi-users] Can't find open call window

ubuntu 12.04

I use 6-8 Virtual Desktops (VD). When I open a call in jitsi, the call window sometimes ends up on a different desktop than the jitsi main program window.

Because the other side doesn't always hang up properly for whatever reason, I end up with a connected call that I'd like to hang up - and great difficulty finding that open call window. At first, I didn't even realize it was happening and so had calls stay connected for hours until I stumbled onto the open call window.

I would like a way to "recall" or "attach" or some method of pulling that open call window to my current VD, or otherwise being able to access it from the main jitsi window instead of having to hunt for it. Perhaps a "call management" menu item.

I have similar problems answering the phone if I don't answer it when it pops up. For example I might need to close whatever window I'm working in because it's memory intensive, switch to my music VD to turn off the music - and then can't find the popup so I can answer it and end up missing the call. Going to the main jitsi window doesn't help, as there's no way to answer an incoming call that I'm aware of, other than that popup that I can't find.

So being able to answer calls and hang up calls from the main jitsi window (and system tray icon) would be very useful. An indicator that there is an open/connected call would also be helpful.

Thank you

ubuntu 12.04

I use 6-8 Virtual Desktops (VD). When I open a call in jitsi, the call window sometimes ends up on a different desktop than the jitsi main program window.

Because the other side doesn't always hang up properly for whatever reason, I end up with a connected call that I'd like to hang up - and great difficulty finding that open call window. At first, I didn't even realize it was happening and so had calls stay connected for hours until I stumbled onto the open call window.

I would like a way to "recall" or "attach" or some method of pulling that open call window to my current VD, or otherwise being able to access it from the main jitsi window instead of having to hunt for it. Perhaps a "call management" menu item.

I have similar problems answering the phone if I don't answer it when it pops up. For example I might need to close whatever window I'm working in because it's memory intensive, switch to my music VD to turn off the music - and then can't find the popup so I can answer it and end up missing the call. Going to the main jitsi window doesn't help, as there's no way to answer an incoming call that I'm aware of, other than that popup that I can't find.

So being able to answer calls and hang up calls from the main jitsi window (and system tray icon) would be very useful. An indicator that there is an open/connected call would also be helpful.

Thank you

ยทยทยท

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 12:03 PM, AB <andy_90254@yahoo.com> wrote: