[jitsi-users] Bundle-SymbolicName in the Manifest of Installed Bundles

Hi,

The majority of bundles in the sc-bundles dir do not have an entry for Bundle-SymbolicName in the manifest.
For the bundles to comply with OSGi spec they need this entry.
Is it intentionally omitted or been overlooked.

Regards
Paul Fraser

Hey Paul,

···

On 16.01.13, 12:28, Paul F Fraser wrote:

Hi,

The majority of bundles in the sc-bundles dir do not have an entry for Bundle-SymbolicName in the
manifest.

I guess we just never needed it. Are you having any problems because of
this?

Cheers,
Emil

--
https://jitsi.org

Emil,

I have just been checking out the potential for using some of the bundles outside the full jitsi environment. Without the symbolic name entry this is not possible.
Similar to what you have done with libjitsi to make it available for general use in any AV system.

Paul

···

On 16/01/13 22:31, Emil Ivov wrote:

Hey Paul,

Hi,

The majority of bundles in the sc-bundles dir do not have an entry for Bundle-SymbolicName in the
manifest.

this?

Cheers,
Emil

Understood.

Would you like to send a patch?

Cheers,
Emil

···

On 16.01.13, 14:14, Paul F Fraser wrote:

On 16/01/13 22:31, Emil Ivov wrote:

Hey Paul,

Hi,

manifest.

this?

Cheers,
Emil

Emil,

I have just been checking out the potential for using some of the bundles outside the full jitsi
environment. Without the symbolic name entry this is not possible.
Similar to what you have done with libjitsi to make it available for general use in any AV system.

--
https://jitsi.org

Hi Emil,

No real idea how to do this! Netbeans not the IDE I regularly use.

Seems that when creating a new netbeans project the "Generate OSGI Bundle" has to be ticked and the "Code Name Base" has to be set.
In the my version 7.3 beta of netbeans I have tried new osgi module project. The Bundle-SymbolicName is set to the "Code Name Base". In fact the project cannot be created if "Code Name Base" not set.

Can you give me a clue as to where the jitsi project needs to be patched to achieve the desired result? I looked through build files etc. but could not find anywhere that this could be patched.

If the process necessary to get the manifest fixed is beyond trivial, forget my request and leave the situation unchanged.

Thanks,

Paul

···

On 17/01/13 02:33, Emil Ivov wrote:

Emil,

I have just been checking out the potential for using some of the bundles outside the full jitsi
Understood.

Cheers,
Emil

Hey Paul,

Emil,

Understood.

Cheers,
Emil

Hi Emil,

No real idea how to do this! Netbeans not the IDE I regularly use.

Seems that when creating a new netbeans project the "Generate OSGI Bundle" has to be ticked and the
"Code Name Base" has to be set.
In the my version 7.3 beta of netbeans I have tried new osgi module project. The Bundle-SymbolicName
is set to the "Code Name Base". In fact the project cannot be created if "Code Name Base" not set.

Can you give me a clue as to where the jitsi project needs to be patched to achieve the desired
result? I looked through build files etc. but could not find anywhere that this could be patched.

If the process necessary to get the manifest fixed is beyond trivial, forget my request and leave
the situation unchanged.

Well unless, I am missing something, you just need to lookup all the
manifest files and, using your favourite text editor, add a symbolic
name line to each of them. You can then generate the patch as described
here:

https://jitsi.org/faq/patch

Hope this helps,
Emil

···

On 17.01.13, 00:52, Paul F Fraser wrote:

On 17/01/13 02:33, Emil Ivov wrote:

--