I’m preparing for a presentation for faculty and instructional designers at my university about Jitsi Meet, and comparing it with Google Hangouts.
Google has a support page that describes bandwidth requirements here:
The bandwidth used by Hangouts is adaptive and will vary to provide the best experience on participants’ network.
Minimum bandwidth required
• Outbound from the participant: 300 kbps
• Inbound to the participant: 300 kbps
• Two-person video calls:
• Outbound from the participant: 3.2 mbps
• Inbound to the participant: 2.6 mbps
• Group video calls:
• Outbound from the participant in all situations: 3.2 mbps
• Inbound to the participant with 5 participants: 3.2 mbps
• Inbound to the participant with 10 participants: 4.0 mbps
• Additional inbound bandwidth is not required for more than 10 participants.
Is there anywhere I can find similar info for Jitsi Meet?