[jitsi-users] Attended Transfer Occasionally Works

Greetings,

Our VOIP provider is Vonage. We use Jitsi as our softphone (SIP) to make
call-transfers both client-side & server-side.

For the most part, the attended transfer feature works well, but, on
occasion, the transfer is dropped. I will explain in detail:

- We are able to establish 2 active lines; Jitsi has always been able to
   to do this.
   - We noticed the attended transfer doesn't work unless both lines are
   active and not in a holding status.
   - There is a 100% drop-rate when we attempt to perform an attended
   transfer when the line transferring is on hold. Jitsi automatically puts
   the transferring line on hold and we have to take the line off hold to
   perform the attended transfer.
   - However, there are times when we perform the attended transfer that
   the active lines are either dropped when transferring, established but then
   dropped, or one line is dropped and the other one remains active.

Again, there are times where the attended transfer works well, but there
are times when it doesn't work.

Please advise.

P.S. I would also note that sometimes, when the attended transfers work,
the line quality is not good --a crackling in the line.

Thank you for you time, in advance.

To Your Success,

*Benjamin Boyer*
Director
(816) 301.0820
OrthoChats.com

Crackling in the line is not from Jitsi, that’d be your provider. The mechanics of SIP don’t allow for crackling.

As for your issue on attended transfers… Let’s say that you call me and I want to transfer you to my co-worker.

Attended transfer:
I press attended transfer (or feature code equivalent) and that puts you on hold.
I dial my co-worker and tell him whatever info
Then I press transfer and you get attached to my co-workers channel.

What you described sounds like you’re trying to do attended transfers expecting blind transfer behavior.

The call is blindly transferred to the destination. By comparison, an attended transfer is a transfer where before actually transferring to the destination, the call is put on hold and another call is initiated to confirm whether the end destination actually wants to take the call or not.

Let me know if I misunderstood something.

···

On Jan 25, 2017, at 11:39 AM, Ben Boyer <ben@orthochats.com> wrote:

Greetings,

Our VOIP provider is Vonage. We use Jitsi as our softphone (SIP) to make call-transfers both client-side & server-side.

For the most part, the attended transfer feature works well, but, on occasion, the transfer is dropped. I will explain in detail:
We are able to establish 2 active lines; Jitsi has always been able to to do this.
We noticed the attended transfer doesn't work unless both lines are active and not in a holding status.
There is a 100% drop-rate when we attempt to perform an attended transfer when the line transferring is on hold. Jitsi automatically puts the transferring line on hold and we have to take the line off hold to perform the attended transfer.
However, there are times when we perform the attended transfer that the active lines are either dropped when transferring, established but then dropped, or one line is dropped and the other one remains active.
Again, there are times where the attended transfer works well, but there are times when it doesn't work.

Please advise.

P.S. I would also note that sometimes, when the attended transfers work, the line quality is not good --a crackling in the line.

Thank you for you time, in advance.

To Your Success,

Benjamin Boyer
Director
(816) 301.0820
OrthoChats.com <http://orthochats.com/>_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/users