Jitsi Update and Release Notes

Hi we tried to update jitisi today on debian from:

jitsi-videobridge2 (2.2-9-g8cded16e-1) over (2.1-665-g3a90ccdc-1) ...
 jitsi-meet (2.0.7439-1) over (2.0.7210-1) ...
 jitsi-meet-web (1.0.6260-1) over (1.0.6091-1) ...
 jitsi-meet-web-config (1.0.6260-1) over (1.0.6091-1) ...
 jitsi-meet-prosody (1.0.6260-1) over (1.0.6091-1) ...

After that the Videobridge does not start any more:
Logfile shows:

org.jitsi.metaconfig.ConfigException$UnableToRetrieve$NotFound: Key 'videobridge.octo.relay-id' not found in source 'typesafe config (reloaded 1 times)'
  org.jitsi.metaconfig.ConfigException$UnableToRetrieve$NotFound: Key 'videobridge.relay.relay-id' not found in source 'typesafe config (reloaded 1 times)'
  org.jitsi.metaconfig.ConfigException$UnableToRetrieve$NotFound: Key 'videobridge.octo.bind-address' not found in source 'typesafe config (reloaded 1 times)'

We were able to set this options in /etc/jitsi/videobridge/jvb.conf but i wonder if there is a better doc for Config options/syntax which are new, deleted or cahnged between releases.

I only know this Changelog: jitsi-meet-release-notes/CHANGELOG-WEB.md at master · jitsi/jitsi-meet-release-notes · GitHub

In the jvb version, if you drop the g which comes from git, you can get the commit hashes, so you can do:

Hi @damencho I hope that there is a better way than reading all the changes in the source to get an info about what config keys change ?!?

Nope there is no. The release notes are automated and extracted from the git history.
If you are interested in config changes only, I guess checking the history of these files will give you an idea what config changed: History for jvb/src/main/resources - jitsi/jitsi-videobridge · GitHub

I’m aware this won’t be useful to you at the current stage (sorry), but this is how we manage config changes across versions:

In summary, we always keep a copy of the configs from a default jitsi install for each version we use. Then it’s just a matter of doing diffs to identify what’s changed across versions, as well as track what customisations we’ve done.