Jitsi, two SIP accounts, and outgoing calls

I could really use a little help. Freshman, installed jitsi, version 2.10.5550, under os-x.
Setting up jitsi to connect to my (first) SIP account worked like a charm. Next I installed a second SIP account using the same procedure. The jitsi “options” window now shows 2 SIP accounts, both online. Here are my questions:
a) what do the check-marks in front of an account (in the options dialog) mean ?
b) what happens if the check mark is set or cleared ?
and most important
c) how do I tell jitsi which account / line to use for the next (or any) outgoing call ?

Thank you all !

Really nobody who can help ?
Or do I need to move this request to a different forum? if so, which one ?

Maybe add screenshots of exactly what you’re trying to clarify?
And FYI, this application is deprecated so support chances are minimal.

When doing an outgoing call the ui should ask you which account to use. If you use to re-dial from the history it will use the same account you used for that previous call from the history.

Thanks Freddie, thanks damencho,
I solved the problem described earlier … But …
What a shame. I have been trying to find a proper alternative to my earlier open-source softphone application, and it took me a long time to find Jitsi because every link on the web I followed had me run into a dead end. Why are all these softphones applications disappearing ? and what are you using instead of Jitsi ?
Thanks again

Jitsi desktop is still the softphone application under the Jitsi umbrella (though again, it’s been deprecated so there’s really no official obligation to support). The shift has been to focus on Jitsi Meet, a video-conferencing solution. It has a component that allows SIP calls to be made into and out of meetings, but it’s not exactly what one would call a softphone.

Jitsi desktop still works perfectly fine as a softphone and if offers a lot more than most softphone options out there.

1 Like

After some more days of using Jitsi desktop I have to say it works really well. This said, and understanding that it has been depreciated, I would like to know : is it likely that the desktop version will see bug fixes, or minimal updates in order to be able to follow through on protocol updates / changes (for example), in other words will it remain operational over the next months and years ?