Jitsi Transcription

Sure will check and let you know

Hi @sahan_gjs can you help me please. I follow your steps but my problem that even SIP dont work. When I enter number for call I get error Failed to add participants. It like something in jicofo or prosody are block it but I no see no error both of them

For the record, I’m not using SIP at the moment. Jigasi is used only for translation in my setup.
If you followed every step of Jigasi guide it should work - https://github.com/jitsi/jigasi

Tips:
Check if user is created in prosody.
Check settings of prosody (/etc/prosody/prosody.cfg.lua or the appropriate file in /etc/prosody/conf.d)
Check passwords of XMPP and SIP settings in SIP-communicator (/jigasi/jigasi-home/sip-communicator.properties)
Check Jicofo settings /etc/jitsi/jicofo/jicofo.conf
Also check if your package is switched to unstable

@sahan_gjs I check all that. I follow the step in instruction but still fail.
Let me ask you one question. You have secure domain for your jitsi? I ask because maybe I confuse. I see one account to create for jigasi but I look in properties I see it say if authenticate to put another account. Is it same account or different? Is it 2 account to create if you you domain secure?

Yes, it is a secure domain.
If you’re referring to first registration in Prosody, that’s only one registration which is supposed to be added in Jigasi (with password) and Jicofo settings in conference settings.

Did you paste password of that account in Base64 format?

You have to check logs to find a clue of what’s happening. Check logs at the restart of Jigasi

sudo tail -F /var/log/jitsi/jigasi.log

@sahan_gjs maybe I no explain well. I show you from instruction

Setup the xmpp account for jigasi control room (brewery). prosodyctl register jigasi auth.meet.example.com topsecret Replace <<JIGASI_XMPP_PASSWORD_BASE64>> tag with Base64 encoded password (topsecret) in the sip-communicator.properties file.

Thats one registration

Inside sip-communicator-properties

# If you want jigasi to perform authenticated login instead of anonymous login
# to the XMPP server, you can set the following properties.
# org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.USER_ID=SOME_USER@SOME_DOMAIN
# org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.PASS=SOME_PASS
# org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.ANONYMOUS_AUTH=false

This another registration account no? So 2 accounts total no?

This is the same account. 2nd step is where the newly created account is linked
Make sure SOME_PASS is base64 encoded

@sahan_gjs sorry now I confuse more. This line here is not the one to put base64 of jigasi user?

net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.acc-xmpp-1.PASSWORD=<<JIGASI_XMPP_PASSWORD_BASE64>>

Oh yes. I missed that. I was referring to Jigasi XMP account only.
You can register another user and try too. Do check your logs for any errors

Thank you yes i think there is 2 account. I will try. Thank you for reply