Jitsi timer feature

I have done installation of jitsi using https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/doc/quick-install.md but it does not have timer feature.

I want to restrict user to use jitsi meet only for 120 minutes. This I want to do, to avoid miss use of free jitsi-meet, which I want to provide to students and teachers of university.

Is it possible to add timer feature in Jitsi meet

It can be done, partly with the scheduler feature.

i.e whenever you are setting a conference, you add it to the scheduler.

Jicofo deletes conferences in the reservation system in two cases. First when all users leave XMPP Multi User Chat room. Second when conference duration limit is exceeded. In the latter case Jicofo will destroy XMPP MUC room and expire all Colibri channels on the videobridge which will result in conference termination.

Thanks cosmo. I am not devloper and have 0 knowledge of coding. I didnt understand what you have posted.

I just want to know if this feature is available by default and if not will it be available in future stable release.

@prayag This feature exists but it’s not possible to have it on meet.jit.si. For this, you’ll need to have your custom deployment. Then, you’ll be able to configure this.

@Sanjay_Goyal How we can set meet only for 120 minutes in a custom deployment code. can you please guide me.