Jitsi SIP Communicator Mac build failure

Hello,

I am trying to build and create a Mac Jitsi installer from the new-build branch, like documented here. However, when I am running cmake -B cmake-build I am getting:

CMake Error at /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.19.2/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:218 (message):
Could NOT find Sparkle (missing: SPARKLE_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.19.2/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:582 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
cmake/FindSparkle.cmake:19 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
macosx/sparkle/CMakeLists.txt:6 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/Users/Me/Desktop/jitsi-new-build/native/cmake-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

Any idea why this might be?

Cheers,

JB

I am completely new to CMake, so I didn’t understood right away what was going on. Apparently, the FindSparkle.cmake file was not finding a file that would be saved in the SPARKLE_INCLUDE_DIR variable. I edited the file and pointed it to a folder that had said Header and was able to compile.

With this i was successfully able to run the cmake -B cmake-build command. New problems are arising in the next step, which is running cmake --build cmake-build --target isntall:

In file included from /Users/me/Desktop/jitsi-new-build/native/macosx/sparkle/net_java_sip_communicator_impl_sparkle_SparkleActivator.m:35: /Users/me/Desktop/jitsi-new-build/resources/install/src/mac/dist/Jitsi.app/Contents/Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/A/Headers/Sparkle.h:15:9: fatal error: 'Sparkle/SUUpdater.h' file not found #import <Sparkle/SUUpdater.h> ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ /Users/me/Desktop/jitsi-new-build/resources/install/src/mac/dist/Jitsi.app/Contents/Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/A/Headers/Sparkle.h:15:9: note: did not find header 'SUUpdater.h' in framework 'Sparkle' (loaded from '/Users/me/Desktop/jitsi-new-build/resources/install/src/mac/dist/Jitsi.app/Contents/Frameworks') 1 error generated. make[2]: *** [macosx/sparkle/CMakeFiles/sparkle_init.dir/net_java_sip_communicator_impl_sparkle_SparkleActivator.m.o] Error 1 make[1]: *** [macosx/sparkle/CMakeFiles/sparkle_init.dir/all] Error 2 make: *** [all] Error 2

I suppose that the cmake scripts need some further correction somewhere. I am currently trying to find out how to fix it. Any tips?