Jitsi server resource prediction

I want to clone Jitsi in my own cloud server. But, I do not know how to calculate (or at least predict) the needed resources. My typical usage:

1. Expected mean number of users : 70 in most probably groups with 4-5 people.
  2. Expected peak number of users: 200 in most probably groups with 4-5 people.

Yes, it is also true that it depends on the selected resolution. So I assume to use 640x480 with 30 fps.

Please provide your calculations along with the final prediction.
The most trick part for me is the connection speed of the server. Is it something like 1 Gbps or something like this.

This depends on many things, for example browser is it chrome or firefox, where for the first one we have simulcast enabled.
So here are some very rough estimates for a conference of 5 in perfect conditions, where 360p is considered max of 700 kbps and 180p is considered 200kpbs. This is the reference numbers we use https://github.com/WebKit/webkit/blob/master/Source/ThirdParty/libwebrtc/Source/webrtc/media/engine/simulcast.cc#L71

1. All participants are with Chrome
  • clients sending 5700, uploaded to clients is 5(700 + 4*200), one high layer stream and four thumbnails.
  • so for 1 such conference server will need upload of 7.5 Mbps and download of 3.5 Mbps. For 200 such conferences you will need ~1500 Mbps upload and ~700Mbps download.
  1. All participants are with Firefox
  • clients sending 5700, uploaded to clients is 55*700, no simulcast sending the video we have for thumbnails and for large video.
  • so for 1 such conference server will need upload of 17.5 Mbps and download of 3.5 Mbps. For 200 such conferences you will need ~3500 Mbps upload and ~700Mbps download.