Jitsi recording session not available

After installing jibri, I could not able to record the session with below error

“Oops, the recording session currently not available.” Please help

You need to get more information about this trouble from log files.
You need Prosody log and Jibri log for starting

Are you installed Jibri into yours server or are you using meet.jit.si service?
This message is seems related to second one, and it means no record slot are available now

I installed in server, and i’m not able to upload logs

Getting this error while uploading logs "Sorry, new users can not upload attachments.
"

You can paste into any paste site (as pastebin) or you can upload to yours own service.
But it better to read your own log starting to jibri and jicofo searching for error.
Jibri is not an install and play application, require a good knowledge of the topic

I mean the location to upload, but I shared from Google drive

Plz download “https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Su1JxAuDze61xJ_dVn7vfcPROpeSFF5r

Being an open source software community support is certainly useful but seriously, if you not know where log file are, i think you need to read more documentation of Jitsi and Jibri before you post an help request.

Start fro here:

2020-04-24 14:29:06.048 SEVERE: [19] org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClientManager.log() Failed to initialize and start a MucClient: org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: 'intra-coe.awsmsdemo.intraedge.net:5222' failed because: intra-coe.awsmsdemo.intraedge.net/54.245.162.120 exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

1 Like

FYI… Recording is allowing but in few seconds recording connection is breaking,

Goodnight. Could you solve the problem? I get the same message to record or stream on youtube. Could you explain the steps. Thank you

I set up a jibri server as a second server different from jitsi server.