Jitsi not using UDP 10000 for media

Hi there,
I’m pretty new to jitsi so please be patient with me :blush:

I recently set up two jitsi installations. First one runs inside our network and everything is working fine. The second one is outside of our network and located behind a firewall. I can connect from the internet through the firewall to the jitsi-server and establish a connection but I have no video or audio. The firewall is configured to forward all necessary ports (443, 5349 TCP and 10000 UDP) and I can see the connection on 443 but there is no connection on 10000? The client tries to establish a connection via 5349 but firewall responds with a “port unreachable”. Checking the jitsi-server with netstat I can’t see a listener on 5349 so that explains the error. But why isn’t the client using UDP 10000 like my internal jitsi does?
So I see two possible solutions here

1. get the client to use UDP 10000
  2. get jitsi to listen on 5349
    How can I achieve any of the above? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so far
Stephan

Setup is standard installation with no modifications so far running on a debian buster using apache as a webserver. All components are up to date…

videobridge is listening on port 10000
systemctl status jitsi-videobridge2
log: /var/log/jitsi/jvb.log

coturn is listening on port 5349
systemctl status coturn
log: don’t know the location on debian; look in /etc/turnserver.conf for a line beginning by ‘log-file’.

I configured
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_LOCAL_ADDRESS=<Local.IP.Address>
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_PUBLIC_ADDRESS=<Public.IP.Address>
and restarted the videobridge and now it seems to work. At least I see video but I’m not sure audio is working since I do not have a working mic.