Jitsi - no audio video, disconnect every 30 seconds

Dear Forum
First thank you, for your product, I am an amateur and I am running jitsi server fro privacy reason, everything was working great until prosody 0.12, by mistake I updated to prosody 0.12 and waited until the latest jitsi release that hopefully will resolve this,
after updating to 2.0.7210, when starting a call I am still cannot see video or hear,
this is the web browser log( I hope the right ones)

https://pastebin.mozilla.org/wGt5uHUL

Again thank you in advance for your help
Gilad

Check your firewall. Make sure all required ports are open and accessible. Check port 10000/UDP especially - make sure it’s open and properly forwarded, if behind a NAT.

Dear Freddie

Thank you for your prompt response, and I think so your are right but maybe you can help me if it is ok
in the UFW the port are open
5000/udp ALLOW Anywhere
10000/udp ALLOW Anywhere
also it is open in the iptables, but when trying to scan the port it shows that they are closed
and when running lsof -1:10000, 5000 it shows that nothing is listening on this port, when checking port 80, and port 80 everything is working well
I checked with the host (netcup) and they don’t block this ports , and before this port were reachable and I had no issues
do you think that I should delete and reinstall everything?
Again thank you
Gilad

No, you don’t need to reinstall if it’s a port issue; you’ll run into the same problem until you have the port open and/properly forwarded. Check to see if it’s open:

Did you try restarting prosody? Does that change anything?

Following the tip you sent, I can see the send the message from the client to the server

U 108.54.221.63:48613 → 89.58.19.210:10000 #1
yes, it is accessable.

Thank you Damencho for also stepping in
I did restarted prosody and it does not change anything but I got this massages after upgrading to the latest stable

https://pastebin.mozilla.org/YHvtXVdo

Looks like you have a lua issue. Do you have lua installed? If so, what version?

dpkg -l "lua*" | egrep "^ii"

this is the results

root@meetings:~# dpkg -l “lua*” | egrep “^ii”
ii lua-any 25 all helper script for shebang lines in Lua scripts
ii lua-expat:amd64 1.3.0-4 amd64 libexpat bindings for the Lua language
ii lua-filesystem:amd64 1.7.0-2-1 amd64 luafilesystem library for the Lua language
ii lua-sec:amd64 0.9-3 amd64 SSL socket library for the Lua language
ii lua-socket:amd64 3.0~rc1+git+ac3201d-4 amd64 TCP/UDP socket library for the Lua language
ii lua5.2 5.2.4-1.1build3 amd64 Simple, extensible, embeddable programming language
ii luarocks 2.4.2+dfsg-1 all deployment and management system for Lua modules

Try installing lua-unbound:

apt install libunbound-dev liblua5.2-dev

Thank you for working with me to resolve this

I tried and restarted all service and no change

https://pastebin.mozilla.org/duLYaeDa

and when checking prosody status

oot@meetings:~# service prosody status
● prosody.service - Prosody XMPP Server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/prosody.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2022-04-19 02:15:37 EDT; 3s ago
Docs: Documentation – Prosody IM
Main PID: 35174 (lua)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 65000)
Memory: 5.8M
CGroup: /system.slice/prosody.service
└─35174 lua /usr/bin/prosody -F

Apr 19 02:15:37 meetings.giladsky.com systemd[1]: Started Prosody XMPP Server.
Apr 19 02:15:37 meetings.giladsky.com prosody[35174]: **************************
Apr 19 02:15:37 meetings.giladsky.com prosody[35174]: Prosody was unable to find lua-unbound
Apr 19 02:15:37 meetings.giladsky.com prosody[35174]: This package can be obtained in the following ways:
Apr 19 02:15:37 meetings.giladsky.com prosody[35174]: Debian/Ubuntu | sudo apt install lua-unbound
Apr 19 02:15:37 meetings.giladsky.com prosody[35174]: luarocks | luarocks install luaunbound
Apr 19 02:15:37 meetings.giladsky.com prosody[35174]: Source | luaunbound - zash.se
Apr 19 02:15:37 meetings.giladsky.com prosody[35174]: Old DNS resolver library will be used
Apr 19 02:15:37 meetings.giladsky.com prosody[35174]: More help can be found on our website, at Prosody Dependencies – Prosody IM
Apr 19 02:15:37 meetings.giladsky.com prosody[35174]: **************************

What linux distro are you running?

Ubuntu 20LTS

It looks like Jitsi your update didn’t complete successfully. It may have something to do with your Prosody update. First, try running the following:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure jitsi-videobridge2

sudo dpkg-reconfigure jitsi-meet-web-config

Restart all services and then test. If you’re still having issues, perhaps you could downgrade to Prosody 0.11 and see if that helps. If none of these things help, then my last suggestion would be to purge and reinstall. Reinstalling is honestly often faster anyway.

Dear @Freddie thank you for your help!
after doing a fresh install with the new version everything is working smoothly
it probably as you said the update did not complete successfully