Jitsi meeting video/audio issues with Chrome but not firefox

Thanks! @damencho

Hello All,
In order to fix such issue I just upgraded our docker jitsi to 6433 then and restarted. Everything looks fine on jitsi, no erros but on Client side I have still same issue:

021-12-08T20:12:40.244Z [JitsiConference.js] <re._acceptJvbIncomingCall>: DOMException: Failed to construct 'RTCPeerConnection': Plan B SDP semantics is a legacy version of the Session Description Protocol that has severe compatibility issues on modern browsers and is no longer supported.

Anyone could help please?

Thank you
Fabrice

We have the same problem, and it looks like this is not fixed in the 6433 docker version. ? any idea what could help

As temporary Hotfix, I just rolled back to my previous jitsi release, upgraded libjitsimeet to latest and added add_header Origin-Trial " *<token>* "; into my Nginx config file with token I generated from Origin Trials.
But we do need to find out why latest jitsi docker release does not work as the Token will work only few months from now…

2 Likes

With the current stable as 6726, I still seem to have the issue. I’ll add the Original-Trial token (which work). But not sure what to do or check on jitsi’s side for the future? How can I ensure that the new unified plan gets used?

1 Like

Share your config.js?

We actually have an old one from early 2021, before enableUnifiedOnChrome was added, but as I understand the code in JingleSessionPC.js, unified plan should be enabled when the setting is not defined, that’s why I’m a little bit surprised. Anyway, in our config, the only thing that is not default except URIs is that we have P2P disabled (because our use-case is only >2 rooms) and Chrome is the current 96.

I had this same issue, but enableUnified on Chrome fixed it (it took me awhile to figure out that there were two settings; one general setting and one that was specific to p2p; once I set both it started working).

1 Like

Hi good people,

I have been facing this issue below since the start of this December.

DOMException: Failed to construct ‘RTCPeerConnection’: Plan B SDP semantics is a legacy version of the Session Description Protocol that has severe compatibility issues on modern browsers and is no longer supported

The above problem exists in Chrome, while on the edge which is chromium-based, everything working smoothly.

I am using The docker version of jitsi, and recently updated it after I encountered the above error, which does not fix my problem. I am using a fully customized User interface for my jitsi, and I won’t be able to upgrade my front end, if that is required.

Help!

So what version are you running now?

docker-jitsi-meet-stable-6726-1 is the version I am using. If you want to see the error your self you can join the link

we are trying to use 6726 stable version but this issue seems blocking. please let me know if there’s some fix available

You are using a custom web IU, is that using the latest jitsi-meet and latest lib-jitsi-meet?

It is not using the latest UI of jitsi, I made a mistake while updating modifying jitsi, therefore, it is almost impossible for me now to use the latest UI update for jitsi meet. However, I am using the latest docker jitsi version.

I was able to run it via adding token meta on head.html, but that does not seem like a permanent fix.

Yes, you need to update. Woth the origin-trial you have time till May to update.
Since lib-jitsi-meet and jitsi-meet move with the browsers, you need a way to easily update. Design your modifications in a way that you can easily update.
The browsers used to move to new version every six weeks, now it is every 4 weeks.

Okay, i will have to look for a way for it.

Hi Guys, how are you? we are having the same problem. We installed git on a server with UBUNTU, for a year, everything worked great, we had no problems. Around October 2021 we started having the problem where all users show up as muted and without camera. We updated Jitsi and nothing. We are going all over the place to find solutions but to no avail. The problem occurs regardless of the browser. Help us:
)!

Probably old configs are causing some issues. Try to install jitsi on a fresh system or purge all related packages before reinstalling

We had a similar issue and upgraded to latest version of jitsi.

We can now see video/audio with Chrome (and Firefox), but when we share our screen (using Chrome, not Firefox) it looks as if it works for the person sharing but other participants experience that the video stream for the person sharing freezes and the shared screen never shows.

I’m asking here because share screen works with Firefox but not Chrome.

What version of Jitsi are you running?