Jitsi meet

Do you have to download anything on the website or can you just invite people to a conference and start conferencing?

Do you have to download anything on the website

No.

or can you just invite people to a conference and start conferencing?

Yes.

So, I am a school teacher and director - I want to video confernece and have my teachers video conference with our students who are preschoolers. How do I go about doing that and teaching them to do that? What are the steps? Can you help me please?
And how can I invite our children to see us at a certain time?

[quote=“Marisa_Poland, post:3, topic:30763”]

want to video confernece and have my teachers video conference with our students who are preschoolers. How do I go about doing that and teaching them to do that? What are the steps? Can you help me please?

Go to meet.jit.si, and create a room. Copy the URL for that room.

Paste that URL into an email (or whatever else you use to communicate with your staff / students), and tell them the time of the conference.

Just before that time, get a teacher to go to that URL — this creates the room automatically. Everyone will then join.

(However, be aware that anyone can join the room, and anyone can kick anyone else out. If you want to stop other people from joining, make up a password, and tell it to all expected participants. Then, when the member of staff creates the room, they need to immediately set it up to require a password — and make sure they use the password you have emailed around.)

It would, of course, be worth testing this out before inviting students / parents!

So, you don’t need to invite people through calendar? Someone else told me that is a way - your way seems easier. Let me know. Thanks.