Jitsi Meet

Having issues with Jitsi meet (chrome, and windows 10) and YouTube live streaming. Used the room BSingwithBearandJamie2/13/2020. I can’t get the video quality to stream to YouTube above 360p. Using the video quality settings in Jitsi I have the quality set to high definition. On YouTube I’ve tried both ultra low latency and normal latency. What am I missing to improve the stream quality from jitsi to YouTube?

Thanks in advance for the help

How much does your client upload? What does stats show? You need to wait a little to ramp up.

I’ve done two broadcasts using the web platform and after over an hour there’s no improvement in quality. My download and upload are very fast https://www.speedtest.net/result/9036746196.png

Upload depends on many things, it maybe reduced due to cpu overuse, that’s why I ask, how much your client sends, this is visible in the stats that are available in your local video. It may the client just don’t send enough, or its possible that the bridge is not forwarding the hd layer, but to pin point what is the case more information is needed. Ramp up should not take more than half a minute …even that maybe too much.

I let this sit for a few minutes after starting the stream. First time getting the youtube warning about bitrate.

PC Specs:
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT with 8GB GDDR6
9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 9700 (8-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4.7GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology)
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz UDIMM Non-ECC

Can you experiment something please, open two tabs on your PC, one is from which you stream and one that is audio and video muted, and see does it make a difference?

The image is above is from the computer hosting the stream that doesn’t have a microphone. The screen sharing was turned off during that test. I tried this on my 2013 macbook pro retina and got the following:

YouTube enabled 720p. Is this the max quality or can it go to 1080p?

So clearly an issue with the PC. I’ve tried different browsers on the PC and still get the same issue.

The jibri defaults to 720p.