Jitsi meet with JVB

Hi, can someone tell me how jicofo, jitsi-meet, and jvb integrated? I saw that jvb exposed several APIs for example POST /colibri/conferences for creating new channel but the caller must be sent endpoint and channel-bundle-id parameters to the jvb server. I don’t know where those parameters have been generated. Is there any kind of flow diagram between them?

Thanks!

Jitsi-meet send an xmpp IQ to jicofo “hey I want to join this conference” and jicofo create it if needed and after the second participant joins jicofo open channels on the bridge side using xmpp messages the channel ids, I think are coming from jvb. Then jicofo uses the information coming from jvb to send session-initiate xmpp jingle iqs to the clients, so they can connect … and so on.

Thanks @damencho!

How about endpoint parameter? Is that conference Id and what’s different between endpoint and channel-bundle-id parameter?

In practice they should always be the same.

Thanks for you reply @Boris_Grozev

As above explanation, I understand that after the second participant joins, jicofo opens channels on the bridge side using XMPP message the channel Ids. But I don’t know what the endpoint parameter use for? I tried create channel by using this API POST /colibri/conferences without endpoint parameter value. However, it does not work because of there is no endpoint. Can someone explain what the endpoint parameter is?

Thanks
Mason

This is an id unique for this endpoint. We use the xmpp part of the jid of the participants for it.

Thanks a lot @damencho

I am running jitsi-meet and jicofo on my local environment to try to understand how jitsi-meet communicate with each other modules. I changed the configuration in the jitsi-meet/config.js file by following Jitsi Meet Handbook. However, it does not work. Can you tell me how to make jitsi-meet call to local jicofo (localhost) that I can debug by using Eclipse IDE. Of course, I had also installed prosody.

Here are steps what I did:

1. Install prosody & nginx
  2. Import jicofo into Eclipse IDE and then start it as debug mode
  3. Start jitsi-meet