Jitsi meet video and audio are not working

I have installed Jitsi successfully on Azure VM and pointing out it to our own server domain. When two people using same internet connection and joined the room, Jitsi video and audio are working but not working when two people using different internet connection and joined the room.

I suspect VideoBridge is not installed or not configured correctly.

Can someone provide me the solution for this issue. -Thanks in advance

You need to check if UDP/10000 is accessible from the outside and the status of JVB

systemctl status jitsi-videobridge2.service

@emrah I got the below result after running the command : systemctl status jitsi-videobridge2.service

● jitsi-videobridge2.service - Jitsi Videobridge
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Wed 2021-12-01 11:42:38 UTC; 2min 5s ago
Process: 752 ExecStartPost=/bin/bash -c echo $MAINPID > /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid (code=exit>
Main PID: 751 (java)
Tasks: 47 (limit: 65000)
Memory: 294.9M
CGroup: /system.slice/jitsi-videobridge2.service
└─751 java -Xmx3072m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/tmp -Djdk.t>

Dec 01 11:42:38 mydomain.com systemd[1]: Starting Jitsi Videobridge…
Dec 01 11:42:38 mydomain.com systemd[1]: Started Jitsi Videobridge.
lines 1-12/12 (END)

@emrah can you tell how to check if UDP/1000 is accessible from outside or not

@emrah thanks for the solution and UDP/10000 looks ‘is accessible’.

Can you tell me what is the typical configuration in /etc/jitsi/videobrige/sip-communicator.properties ?

The default sip file is OK in most situations. It’s only needed to customize it in special cases. I don’t think you need to change it