Jitsi Meet Using with Firefox 88 (issue)

Hello,

We recently installed Jitsi meet and we encountered issue using the last stable version with firefox 88.0 (64 bits). We are unable to make visiocall and even select devices (microphone or camera).

Here are samples of the errors we see in the console:

2021-05-03T21:24:33.631Z [features/base/tracks] <h/</<>: Failed to create local tracks
Array [ “audio” ]

2021-05-03T21:24:53.925Z [JitsiMeetJS.js] : UnhandledError: The play method is not allowed by the user agent or the platform in the current context, possibly because the user denied permission. Script: null Line: null Column: null StackTrace:

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The play method is not allowed by the user agent or the platform in the current context, possibly because the user denied permission.

2021-05-03T21:24:54.539Z [JitsiMeetJS.js] : UnhandledError: The play method is not allowed by the user agent or the platform in the current context, possibly because the user denied permission. Script: null Line: null Column: null StackTrace:

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The play method is not allowed by the user agent or the platform in the current context, possibly because the user denied permission.

WebRTC: ICE failed, add a STUN server and see about:webrtc for more details

Some of you were able to make it work ?
We made tests with chrome and other browsers without issues.

Regards,
Chris.

Hello,

I don’t know if that is the right solution to fix it.

But i manage to make it work on Firefox 88 by doing this:

1- stop all service using port 10000
2- edit config file: /etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties
3- add this line: org.jitsi.videobridge.SINGLE_PORT_HARVESTER_PORT=10000

Reboot all service and try to make call or visio with your client on Firefox.

Regards,
Chris.

I don’t see how that is related though.