Jitsi-meet-tokens: camera and mic not working, once jwt tokens support is added (v5913)

I have problems with installing the latest jitsi-meet-tokens on top of jitsi meet (jitsi meet version 5913). The camera and mic are not working,* but when I remove jitsi-meet-tokens, the regular jitsi-meet works fine. What could be the problem? In previous installations it used to simply work.

Here’s what I did:

1.followed this guide: Self-Hosting Guide - Debian/Ubuntu server | Jitsi Meet for the base jitis meet installation
2. then ran the following commands, based on https://github.com/jitsi/lib-jitsi-meet/blob/master/doc/tokens.md:

sudo apt install liblua5.2-dev
sudo apt install gcc
sudo luarocks install luajwtjitsi
sudo apt install jitsi-meet-tokens
/etc/init.d/prosody restart

BTW, is there a way to install a specific, proven version of jitsi instead of always getting the latest? And at the moment, I always install from scratch when a new version is needed - is there also a better way for ugrading an existing installation?

*) they are disabled, and pushing the corresponding buttos to enable them in the browser, nothing happens.

You should be able to update with no problems. apt update && apt install jitsi-meet.

Do you see some js console errors in the browser when it is not working?

Do you see any prosody errors?

Thanks for your quick response. I have just reinstalled the tokens plugin using sudo apt install jitsi-meet-tokens to grep the prosody log and check the browser js console, but all of a sudden it works as expected. Strange, but good, of course …

The only other buggy thing that now remains is that after reboot the p2p is not working. Checking the coturn status, it says the following:

root@xxx ~ # /etc/init.d/coturn status
● coturn.service - coTURN STUN/TURN Server
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/coturn.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2022-03-17 19:48:08 CET; 8min ago
       Docs: man:coturn(1)
             man:turnadmin(1)
             man:turnserver(1)
    Process: 755 ExecStart=/usr/bin/turnserver --daemon -c /etc/turnserver.conf --pidfile /run/turnserver/turnserver.pid (code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION)

Mar 17 19:48:07 xxx.de turnserver[755]: 0: NO EXPLICIT LISTENER ADDRESS(ES) ARE CONFIGURED
Mar 17 19:48:07 xxx.de turnserver[755]: 0: ===========Discovering listener addresses: =========
Mar 17 19:48:07 xxx.de turnserver[755]: 0: Listener address to use: 127.0.0.1
Mar 17 19:48:07 xxx.de turnserver[755]: 0: Listener address to use: ::1
Mar 17 19:48:07 xxx.de turnserver[755]: 0: ERROR: main: Cannot configure any meaningful IP listener address
Mar 17 19:48:08 xxx.de systemd[1]: coturn.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Mar 17 19:48:08 xxx.de systemd[1]: Stopped coTURN STUN/TURN Server.
Mar 17 19:48:08 xxx.de systemd[1]: coturn.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Mar 17 19:48:08 xxx.de systemd[1]: coturn.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Mar 17 19:48:08 xxx.de systemd[1]: Failed to start coTURN STUN/TURN Server.

seems to try to start too early somehow, because after restarting coturn manually all is fine.

Can you share your turnserver,conf?

Dont forget to mask private fields

hm, not sure which private fields I should mask before sharing. But it is all default in /etc/turnserver.conf, all settings commented out…

That doesn’t sound right. It should look something like this: jitsi-meet/turnserver.conf at f341a4e4eb8101a051f7fa7974cc1be0caba0f16 · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub