Jitsi Meet SDK Feature Flags

Hello,

I want to disable below buttons from SDK.

‘Select device’
‘Securtiy options’
‘Mute everyone’
‘Disable everyone’s camera’

And i want to edit text of feature buttons. I mean some of them is not localizated in my language how ever i pulled request to language file in April/May.

resim

Somebody can give me an idea what I should have into consideration?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

@emrah :slight_smile:

Hi,

I still have this problem. ( [Jitsi Meet SDK Feature Flags])

Somebody can give me an idea what I should have into consideration?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

If you are disableing the completly you should change the TOOLBARBUTTONS in the config.js of your server.

Hi @Edgar_Osorio

Thanks for your reply.

I disable some features.

But i want to edit text of feature buttons. I mean some of them is not localizated in my language how ever i pulled request to language file in April/May.

Can you give me an idea what I should have into consideration?

Thank you in advance.

Look in your
/usr/share/jitsi-meet/lang

There there is all the supported languages. I would use the english file and change the texts there and use it as your default. Its not the cleaner way but you can add translation text there.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Edgar_Osorio

My case in mobile using Jitsi SDK not web or iframe.

Thanks for reply.

I see, as far as i know the feature flags for sdk (jitsi-meet/constants.js at master · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub) doesn’t has an option to remove buttons programatically… As i said the only option is that in your server you comment all the buttons you want to remove on the file config.js

Hi @Edgar_Osorio

I can edit this feature flags from SDK programmatically… Feature flags · Jitsi Meet Handbook

I think we are not on the same point. My issue mobile not localized.

Thanks for your reply.

Hello,

I want to edit text of feature buttons. I mean some of them is not localizated in my language how ever i pulled request to language file in April/May.

Any advice?

Thanks.

You may clone the repo, checkout to the specific date, create a branch and apply your changes

Hi @emrah ,

I mean, i changed the repo and push in my language. And i see in file jitsi-meet-ios-sdk-3.6.0\lang\main-tr.json as “toggleCamera”: “Kamerayı değiştir” which was i changed but in IOS device we cant see the changed text.

Thanks for reply.

Do you install your own version to IOS device?

Hi @emrah

I pushed commit to github fix(lang) Update Turkish Translation by cagriertek1 · Pull Request #9182 · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub

And IOS device use the 3.6.0 version of Jitsi SDK.

Hi,

Please add flag .setFeatureFlag(“security-options.enabled”, false) for disabling the security options in JitsiMeetConferenceOptions. ( Use SDK version 3.6.0 )