Jitsi Meet not accessible within local network

I have successfully installed Jitsi Meet on ubuntu 20 by following this guide Quick Install and it is accessible from the browser from the host server. But unable to access it from within the local network.

I haven’t install SSL Certification yet. Is installing ssl certificate necessary for clients to access the jitsi meet server?

what could be the issue that I can’t access it within the local network?

This is a requirement for mobile clients.

You cannot access it? Or there is no video and audio?

I cannot access it

You may try to stop ufw (Ubuntu internal firewall) temporary if it exists.

when I access the jitsi meet server from another computer within the network by ip address it brings the default welcome page of the NGNIX web server. I want to bring the jitsi meet page

Have you installed Jitsi by specifying the IP address during installation? The app works on the domain name (or IP address) that you specified during install.

I.e. what you specify during install - that is what you’ll be using to access the app.

Check the Nginx configuraion, in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ you should see a conf file for the address string (hostname or internal ip) you specified during installation.

I specified a domain name during jitsi installation.
I proceeded with the default installation why I cannot access it by the domain name.
we have the ubuntu server in which Jitsi Meet is installed and the domain points to this server via public ip address By NAT in our network router.

In the NAT configuration I used port 80.

@emrah @damencho

I stopped the firewall but still unable to access

This is my host file:
my public ip: 103.143.204.90
server local ip:192.168.2.156

127.0.0.1       localhost
192.168.2.156   meet.ghalibqjournal.com
103.143.204.90  meet.ghalibqjournal.com

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

The Jitsi domain address must be resolvable for client machines. If not, you may customize their hosts files.

You can only add one line for each FQDN into hosts file. Multiple lines for the same FQDN is not the correct way.

The clients should be able to access the Jitsi server through TCP/443 and UDP/10000

Should I use public ip or local ip in the hosts file?
@emrah

Are you talking about the hosts of clients, right? This depends on how clients will access the server. Both are possible depending on your network rules.

I am talking about the hosts file in the ubuntu server in which the jitsi meet is installed.

So what is your suggestion which configuration should I check to find the issue?

@emrah

To be able to resolve a name from the client side you need either a dns name, or an entry in the hosts file on the client machine - for the client to be able to resolve the hostname meet.ghalibqjournal.com to the local IP.

I have DNS name. When I point the meet.ghalibqjournal.com domain to my other server it works but not working when I point to the ubuntu server in which jitsi meet is installed.

In the DNS I pointed the domain to my public ip address.