[jitsi-meet + nginx] "No such file or directory" error for room names with periods(.) in them

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this awesome software!

I have installed jitsi-meet along with nginx by following the quick install steps and I am able to get video conference working, barring one issue.

If I try to start a conference with room name which contains a period(.), I see a 404 error. For example, if the room name is Led.Zeppelin, I see the following
error in nginx logs:

*2019/08/29 11:04:01 [error] 4318#4318: 57 open() “/usr/share/jitsi-meet/Led.Zeppelin” failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 14.141.56.230, server: myjitsi.com, request: “GET /Led.Zeppelin HTTP/1.1”, host: “myjitsi.com

I suspect that this is primarily to do with my nginx url rewrite configuration. This is what it looks like:

location ~ ^/([a-zA-Z0-9=\?]+)$ {
        rewrite ^/(.*)$ / break;
    }

Although I’m not really familiar with regex syntax and nginx configuration, I did try out a few changes but nothing seems to be working.
Could you help me in resolving this issue?

Thanks!

Any suggestions?

There is probably another rule that is hit before the rule with the regexp. Cause nginx should not try to open file ’ /usr/share/jitsi-meet/Led.Zeppelin