Jitsi Meet max multiple simultaneous conferences

Hi Team,

I would like to know the the max concurrent sessions does Jitsi Meet support.

Define “concurrent sessions” please!

Are you talking about “concurrent sessions” at a single client side in a single conference or multiple simultaneous conferences? Generally, we don’t limit the client so the limiting factors on the client will include the CPU, network capacity, memory, and the likes.

Are you asking how many participants a server supports in a single conference? Or maybe how many participants a server supports in general in all conferences? Generally, we don’t limit the server. Again, the limiting factors will definitely be the CPU, network capacity, memory, and the likes. Moreover, we have deployments with load balancing, automatic healing, and the likes where we’re running clusters/shards of multiple servers. In certain deployments we do limit the number of participants per conference but that’s motivated by SLAs where we have to give a number and guarantee that we support that number.

I would like to know how many simultaneous conferences can be held in a single Jitsi Meet hosted server with Amazon EC2 m5.large with 4GB RAM.

And also

I would like to know how many participants a server supports in a single conference on Jitsi Meet hosted on server with Amazon EC2 m5.large with 4GB RAM.

There is no number to point, as there are many unknowns. For example how big are the conferences. And normally it is up to the bandwidth available which is proportional to the CPU.
By the way, I see that m5.large is 8GB of RAM. I think that 8GB of RAM will be enough for moderate to low load, but as I understand you want to run the whole deployment on one machine as jvb and jicofo can go up to 3GB of RAM, and there are more processes on the machine, maybe at some point this will not be enough.

We are running the signaling and the bridges on separate machines for meet.jit.si and for jvb we use c5.xlarge, while for the signaling is less powerful.

There is no software restriction of the maximum number of participants in a room on a default deployment and normally it is up to the client machines to bear the load cause it will come to the UI and multiple streams. I would say that a conference with 15-20 is pretty fine.
We are working on supporting big conferences up to 500 people where also we need to care and for the UI (such config will need multiple bridges of course).

thanks @damencho really appreciate it