Jitsi meet manual installation

I am trying to install jitsi meet manually but I didn’t found jitsi-videobridge at the following url https://download.jitsi.org/jitsi-videobridge/linux

Looks like generic packages for other distributions than ubuntu/debian aren’t going to come back.

You can have a look at https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-videobridge. At the very end, it says how to run it directly after cloning the repository. Another option if you don’t have an available ubuntu/debian server to host it, could be compiling it on your own linux server using maven, setting some enviroment variables (or send them as parameters) as you run the executable sh file that maven gives you after compiling (i did that with a version from the beginning of June and it’s still working on a CEntOS 7 box).

However, looks like this is a very hard way to get jitsi running compared to installing and running it on a debian/ubuntu server or getting the dockerized images and run it from there. I had no option (already had the servers and all of them run CEntOS).

I cloned jitsi-videobridge from github, when I am trying to compile the project I got the following error:
Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:3.0.0:exec (default-cli) on project jvb-parent

I use

mvn package -DskipTests -Dassembly.skipAssembly=false

It will grab all dependencies and pack them.
I had some issues with older maven versions, so I installed maven 3.6 and was able to run the process. After runing that I end up with a target directory. Inside it, you should find a runnable file (in my case was jvb.sh).

I used your command then I unzip the jvb/target/jitsi-vidoebrdige-*.zip, after that I tried to start the jvb using the following command:

./jvb.sh --host=localhost --domain=jitsi.example.com --port=5347 --secret=YOURSECRET1 &

But the command failed and I got the following error:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jitsi.videobridge.Main.main(Main.java:78)

In the domain parameter, you should replace jistsi.example.com with your server’ domain.

It also needs the parameter apis. it should look like

jvb.sh --secret=yoursecret1 --domain=meet.your_domain.com --host=localhost --port=5347 --apis=xmpp,rest

Also, yoursecret 1 corresponds to the component_secret setting you set up in prosody settings file for the jitsi videobridge component.

Hope that the missing parameter was the cause of the error. Otherwise, I think more details about the error are needed. Each jitsi component handles pretty nice errors and, mostly, display helpful messages.

I am using my own parameters but the problem is the same.

Without more detail about the error, it’s hard to figure out what’s happening (like which was the variable/object that caused the NullPointer, if it was an argument, an internal variable, etc.).

Only thing I can think of is which branch and release did you clone. Maybe, if you haven’t already tried, use one of the stable releases. I’ve got luck with the bgrozev branch and with a stable release from last days of may.