Jitsi Meet: lastN setting does not seem to have an effect

Hi,

I just installed Jitsi Meet following the quick-install on a fresh Debian 10.3 VM. It seems to have installed Jitsi Meet 1.0.4101-1. I installed apache before Jitsi Meet and as far as I can tell it was configured fine. I deployed let’s encrypt certificates into the apache.

As I am constrained by the bandwidth of the server as well as the potential clients I looked into using the lastN feature. I set it to 2 in /etc/jitsi/meet/XXXXX-config.js.

I tested it with four clients, three of them (Firefox, Win 10) in the same location/local net behind a router, the fourth (Firefox, Linux) was at another location.

After all four joined one channel, each client could see and hear video from all three other clients. With lastN set to 2, I was expecting that on each client the own video and two more streams would be shown, with one stream suppressed.

Is there something else that needs to be set or considered? And if not, could you point me to where to look for possible problems? I tried looking in to the logs of the jvb and apache but was not able to figure much from it.

Thank you very much

Hi,
I have the same issue. Tried to set

channelLastN: 1

in /etc/jitsi/meet/XXXXX-config.js AND in /usr/share/jitsi-meet-web-config/config.js ==> NO result: all video streams are transmitted to all participants. What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards
Aldo