Jitsi-meet java -Xmx3072m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutofMemoryError -XX

Installed htop on a newly built jitsi-meet from the stable repo’s on debian 9x64 to see whats happening under the hood.
I have a pages full of this:
java -Xmx3072m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutofMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/tmp -Djava.library.path=/usr/share/jitsi-videobridge/lib/native/linux-64—this goes on forever, I can hold my right arrow down for a full minute to get to the end!

java -Xmx3072m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutofMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/tmp -Djava.library.path=/usr/share/jicofo/lib/native/linux-64 -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION+/etc/jitsi -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.this goes on forever, I can hold my right arrow down for a full minute to get to the end!

system only running for about 16 hours and I have a 18MB /var/log/jitsi/jitsi/jvb.log

clearly somethings wrong!
Any ideas?
I think java has the covid-19

This is normal, htop shows java threads on separate lines. You can collapse them with the ‘H’ key.

Boris

Is it worth the time and trouble to find out why java is Heapdumpingonoutofmemory?
seems to be a lot of tools to find the memory leak like the JDK tools, but I’m really out of my depth on this stuff.
does this make a production system unstable?
I have a lot of other VPS’s running voip apps and all have htop, but no java. Never seen anything like this.

Anyone dig into this?
I have the same issue. Seems like a good way to kill an SSD. Who do I send my hard drive replacement bill to? :slight_smile:

I’m getting the same message when creating a Video conference

java -Xmx6072m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/tmp -Djava.library.path=/usr/share/jitsi-videobridge/lib/native/lin

I also get the same error message even if no conference was started.