Jitsi meet issue on MacOS using Firefox

Hello,

We have the following error on jitsi-meet deployed on docker containers:

jvb_1      | JVB 2022-11-02 12:55:14.543 SEVERE: [62620] [confId=c8e21b1bfb0be6e1 conf_name=test@muc.meet.jitsi epId=76631df9 stats_id=Nyasia-cEe] DtlsServer.accept#52: Error during DTLS connection: org.bouncycastle.tls.TlsTimeoutException: Handshake timed out
jvb_1      | JVB 2022-11-02 12:55:14.544 SEVERE: [62620] [confId=c8e21b1bfb0be6e1 conf_name=test@muc.meet.jitsi epId=76631df9 stats_id=Nyasia-cEe] DtlsTransport.startDtlsHandshake#110: Error during DTLS negotiation, closing this transport manager
jvb_1      | org.bouncycastle.tls.TlsTimeoutException: Handshake timed out
jvb_1      |    at org.bouncycastle.tls.DTLSReliableHandshake.receiveMessage(Unknown Source)
jvb_1      |    at org.bouncycastle.tls.DTLSServerProtocol.serverHandshake(Unknown Source)
jvb_1      |    at org.bouncycastle.tls.DTLSServerProtocol.accept(Unknown Source)
jvb_1      |    at org.bouncycastle.tls.DTLSServerProtocol.accept(Unknown Source)
jvb_1      |    at org.jitsi.nlj.dtls.DtlsServer.accept(DtlsServer.kt:45)
jvb_1      |    at org.jitsi.nlj.dtls.DtlsServer.start(DtlsServer.kt:41)
jvb_1      |    at org.jitsi.nlj.dtls.DtlsStack.start(DtlsStack.kt:150)
jvb_1      |    at org.jitsi.videobridge.transport.dtls.DtlsTransport.startDtlsHandshake(DtlsTransport.kt:107)
jvb_1      |    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
jvb_1      |    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
jvb_1      |    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

This happens only on Firefox on MacOS.

Any suggestions what is causing this and what would be the solution, or is this a bug?

Best Regards

I assume ICE is connected successfully, but then DTLS fails with the error message you posted.

I don’t know why or how, but the most obvious would be if Firefox and Jitsi have different views on who is going to be the DTLS server and client. I would compare the SDPs on both ends and ensure that they both sides see Firefox as the DTLS client (as from the logs it appears Jitsi thinks it has the server role).

1 Like

Does this happen on different machines or just one? If just one I would suspect something about the firefox configuration and suggest trying incognito and/or a different version.

It happened on 2 MacOS machines with latest firefox version on them, we do not have issues with any other OS or browsers just in this setup.
Different version of what do you suggest? Do you refer to Jitsi or the firefox browser?
I am running jitsi docker:stable-7439-2 with JWT enabled