Jitsi-meet is ignoring video settings in config.js

My selfhosted jitsi-meet was working fine at 1080p until some of latest update came in. My config is:

resolution: 1080,
        constraints: {
             video: {
                    height: {
                    ideal: 1080,
                    max: 1080,
                    min: 240
                 }
             }
         },

Now it is ignoring these settings, video maxes out at 720p and never goes higher. Even if I put some lower values (ideal/max 480) it also goes to 720p. What happened?

@karolgol, Welcome to the community!

There are a few files that look the same on the default install. You may already know this, but make sure you are editing:
/etc/jitsi/meet/meet.your_domain.com-config.js and not:
/usr/share/jitsi-meet-web-config/config.js which is an example file.

You can find them by running:
sudo find /etc -name '*config.js' && sudo find /usr/share/ -name '*config.js'

Hope this helps!

Yup, of course I’m editing “my-domain-config.js”. It was working fine before. I don’t know what happened after update.

There could be a new bug. Any ideas @saghul or @gpolitis?

don’t bother with that, it’s not used

Welcome to the community @karolgol :slight_smile: The issue that @gpatel-fr referenced is about mobile it seems. @karolgol are you talking about mobile or web or both? Do you have a deployment address where we can check?

I’m talking about web, I’m not using mobile. I would rather not share my url public, can I send it to You in some private way?

Yes, I think you can send me a private message here. Otherwise support at jitsi.org works too.

Check File permissions on the server

Sorry to bother, but I can’t find any private messaging here :thinking:

Maybe it is related to this?

* ref(constants): use 720 for the high quality level

Found that in latest changelog https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/releases/download/stable%2Fjitsi-meet_4857/jitsi-meet_1.0.4289_CHANGELOG.txt

well, this forum could include in the welcome some link to the Discourse documentation, or even some direct useful info. Sigh.
To message an user, clic on the user icon to the left of any posted message; a popup displays, to the right of this popup there is an icon ‘Message’. That’s it.