Jitsi Meet Installation Error

I have been trying to install JitsiMeet on my local network(also tried on computer with public IP) following this document(Self-Hosting Guide - Docker · Jitsi Meet Handbook). However, I repetitively see the same unplesent error:
" You have been disconnected."

Browser Console Error
*> *
> strophe.umd.js:5463 WebSocket connection to ‘wss:///xmpp-websocket?room=instantequalitieseducatepotentially’ failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
> _connect @ lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=4466:1
> Logger.js:154 2021-06-11T07:36:33.935Z [JitsiMeetJS.js] <Object.getGlobalOnErrorHandler>: UnhandledError: null Script: null Line: null Column: null StackTrace: Error: Strophe: Websocket error [object Event]
> at Object.r.Strophe.log (lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=4466:17)
> at Object.error (lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=4466:1)
> at N.Websocket._onError (lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=4466:1)

I saw many other posts mentioning that setting a PUBLIC_URL flag will solve this issue. However, this error persists on my machine.

NOTE: I am using self-signed SSL certificate and Letsencrypt is disabled.

Thanking you in advance. :slight_smile:

Check if you have opened all necessary firewall ports…

If you are behind a NAT, port forwarding should be done…

Thank you @Prashanth. I have made sure that all necessary ports are open.

Ok. So all good now? Or do you have the same issue?

Initially I had a similar issue because at the time I was using Apache and my config was missing “ProxyPass /xmpp-websocket” statements.

These are the links that helped me with a number of issues that I first had for …
Debian 10, Apache2 web server jitsi-meet installed using;

Ubuntu/Debian Installation Instructions & Repository
Self-Hosting Guide - Debian/Ubuntu server · Jitsi Meet Handbook
jitsi-meet/jitsi-meet.example-apache at master · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub
Configure Apache with Let’s Encrypt :: ownCloud Documentation

@Prashanth Nope still had the same issue. But adding this flag to the .env file helped and is working well now.

ENABLE_XMPP_WEBSOCKET=0

Thank you everyone for help. I am yet not sure what I disabled, but now my system is working with this.

Cheers!

If anyone knows the Jitsi code, does “ENABLE_XMPP_WEBSOCKET=0” turn of the use of XMPP_WEBSOCKETs and thus the need for UDP port 10000 ? If so, what technology and ports are being used for audio and video?

AFAIK, xmpp websockets is alternative to Bosh for talking to prosody. So even if you disable that you’d still need UDP 10000 for access to video bridge.

thanks Shawn.